jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you feel like the American government is on the right track?

1. mgeorge1050 profile image80
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

Do you feel like the American government is on the right track?

I would love to get answers from Americans and those in other countries, so that I may examine both points of view.  Do you feel like the American government is on the right track?

2. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

No, they almost never follow the constitution anymore. The government needs to know it's limits.

mgeorge1050posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree that the US Constitution should be used as a guide for America's leaders.  I believe this was the intention of our government's founders when they wrote the original document.  The people of America must stand up and demand government reform.

3. Melissa Noon profile image78
    Melissa Noonposted 3 years ago

I think that just like every other country, there are things that need to be improved and things that are working well. What I think America needs to work on is to focus on themselves other than focus on other countries. We have some serious issues regardless homeless, gangs, the vanishing middle class (the class that really shows the strength of a country), and healthcare that is insurance companies are abusing their clients with. Why are we giving funds to other countries when we have so many issues.

Obama care is a step in the right direction but in order to get good deals, a person needs to have low-income and for those that have higher incomes it can be more than what they are playing with their old insurance.

Look at what is going on with illegal immigrants and the fact that over half of the people on welfare are illegal immigrants. That should not be allowed, Only legal citizens should get those benefits.

But there are some really good things like more and more states are allowing gay-marriages, women rights, and giving us the right to vote and free speech, all of these things some countries still do not have.

I think the biggest blunder is allowing a company to deny birth control based on a company's religion. I think that was the worst that could happen because this opens up the door for other companies to say the same thing but with who they hire.

mgeorge1050posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You make some great points, especially about illegal immigrants receiving welfare.  I think the American government needs to stop worrying so much about the rest of the world's problems and focus on the problems here at home.

working