jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

I just got this email. I hope it's a good sign I'm in the right track!

1. sarahspradlin profile image90
    sarahspradlinposted 3 weeks ago

"Hi sarahspradlin,
    You have accomplished quite a feat; you have published ten Featured Hubs! And guess what? You are in the top 6% of Hubbers who achieved this milestone. Nice work!

I wrote my first hub 2 months ago. I'm trying to publish at least 5 a week. What goals have you set for yourself?

Thanks,
    HubPages"

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

The only goal I have ever actually set for myself was to control the number of hubs I wrote so that I would not be overwhelmed when the team told us we needed to make changes.  This also forced me to get rid of poorly performing or poorly written hubs so that I could keep my quality up.

I've been here almost six years now and have around one million seven hundred and fifty thousand pageviews, so I think my plan has worked pretty well so far.

1. sarahspradlin profile image90
        sarahspradlinposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Oh wow that's a lot!!

2. Jeremy Gill profile image96
        Jeremy Gillposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Hope you don't mind my asking this. Why get rid of poorly-performing Hubs? As long as the quality is high, even if they don't receive the most views, aren't they a credit to your talents?

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Nicely done! Getting your articles consistently featured is definitely a good sign that you're on the right track. smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image93
      paradigmsearchposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

'
      I see that you have also figured out that being placed on a network site is really the necessary and vital goal. You are doing truly excellent, keep doing what you are doing. smile

As for what goals do I have? Really only one, and that's to not be thrown off the respective network sites. big_smile

4. NateB11 profile image95
      NateB11posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Congratulations, nice work! You are definitely on the right track.

Years ago I used to set a goal of 4 articles a month, which I usually did, more or less. I was kind of bursting with ideas back then, it was fun.

2. Jeremy Gill profile image96
    Jeremy Gillposted 3 weeks ago

Definitely a good sign! I believe eventually you'll get an email telling you you're in the top 1%, after getting into Adsense or having 50 Hubs or so.

When I first started out, I wrote one a day for awhile. Now that my free time is more limited, I shoot for at least one a week, plus some community engagement (something you're doing well in).

1. iwrite100 profile image56
      iwrite100posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Once a week is still really great.

I hope I could do the same smile

3. sarahspradlin profile image90
    sarahspradlinposted 3 weeks ago

It brings your "score" down. I really don't care about the score though.

working