Do you feel that Middle East is going to split according to Ralph Peter's soluti

1. Ali Hassan Mallah profile image56
    Ali Hassan Mallahposted 3 years ago

Do you feel that Middle East is going to split according to Ralph Peter's solution?

Current situation of Middle East specially role and actives of ISIS,atrocities of Israel,so,Do you feel that Middle East is going to split according to Ralph Peter's solution?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9100253_f260.jpg

2. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

Exactly like his solution? I don't know. Some of it seems unlikely to me, such as 'Kurdistan' gaining land currently in Turkey. But there is no doubt that the current lines on the map are arbitrary and not very satisfactory for many people. As long as that pressure remains there is going to be difficulties in the region, so eventually, I would say yes, those lines will have to change.

My gut feeling is it won't be anytime soon, primarily because there are still too many powerful outside countries using the region as a chessboard who probably won't allow huge dramatic shifts, but it isn't the most predictable place of late.

It is interesting to note that that map was drawn in 2006. If drawn today, I suspect the line between Syria and Sunni Iraq would be erased.

working