Why Scotland wants independence from England? What is the cause?

1. pramodgokhale profile image47
    pramodgokhaleposted 3 years ago

Why Scotland wants independence from England?  What is the cause?

I am an Indian and closely watching above dramatic situation. I read that Scotland is going to polls on Scotland independence on 18 th September. Survey shows that more than 50 % Scottish wants freedom from England.India boast cultural diversity and then also Indian federation or union is intact and no one wants disintegration. Great Britain is well administered and welfare state, as I heard. Scotland has any different language or dialect other than English? Ireland has differences with British Union and armed rebels  make news of their attacks in the past.
    Referendum will make History.

2. tariqnetwork profile image59
    tariqnetworkposted 3 years ago

Firstly,the Political System of UK give them political insecurity because Tories are in power in the Britain that will make it difficult for the Scottish to get their representation.
    Secondly,Scotland has enough natural resources that can helpful to make them an independent state.Their financial sources are Strong which can give Scottish people an edge over United Kingdom.
    Lastly, UK is building more Nuclear Weapons and just doing whatever suite to USA international expansion whereas Scottish people believe that building weapons cannot make their life better and it just invite enemies.
    There are other reasons as well which which make them feel that independence will solve their problems.

1. pramodgokhale profile image47
      pramodgokhaleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

your reply  gave me sufficient information. These British divided India under policy Divide and Rule and now same colonial master is getting integrated. God's wish