jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Do you know who Malala Yusafzai is?

1. Suhail and my dog profile image89
    Suhail and my dogposted 3 years ago

Do you know who Malala Yusafzai is?

Do you know who Malala Yusafzai is? Well, she just won the Nobel Prize and she is the youngest person ever to win it.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11882777_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

She is a Pakistani activist who has won the Nobel peace prize as you have mentioned. She was also shot when she was 15 years old because of a blog she wrote around three years earlier. It is thought she was shot by the taliban.

She now resides in Birminham, England where she continues her education and lives there with her family.

1. Suhail and my dog profile image89
      Suhail and my dogposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, JThompe42:-)

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome.

3. techygran profile image92
    techygranposted 3 years ago

She is an amazing, outstanding young Islamic woman and has a supportive father who really had to step out of the box when they lived in Pakistan.  She is a role model for young women all over the world.  Prime Minister Harper of Canada has invited her to be an 'honourary Canadian citizen' and she has been honoured also by US President Barak Obama.  For whatever that is worth.

4. Zaid Hameed profile image59
    Zaid Hameedposted 3 years ago

She is a Pakistani girl who's father is a businessman and ran a school which was shut down for which she rose her voice by stating education is everyone's right.
    She supposedly got shot in the head, supposedly by a Taliban but survived some how. She was taken to England where her skull was operated without her head being shaved.
    There after she had a miraculous recovery within days from her coma and head shot and started appearing on the various global platforms and talk shows telling about this encounter she had with the Taliban.
    After all this she managed to get a Nobel Prize which added to another global platform to add on to her popularity.

working