jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you deal with racist people in your community?

1. profile image53
    Delicia Reneeposted 3 years ago

How do you deal with racist people in your community?

2. chaitanyasaivb profile image77
    chaitanyasaivbposted 3 years ago

Racism has become an important problem, in society. But, We don't have to think that, every one will show racism. Some people, tries to avoid us, in the name of race. So, It will be better, if we stay away from them.

3. cjhunsinger profile image75
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

What racism are you talking about? Black on white, white on back or both? The racism that I see stems from Washington and the race baiters of the Sharpton variety, that do so for profit and stature.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

I do not deal with it. I ignore it. Hate breeds hate. Racism should be where it belongs; in the past.

5. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 3 years ago

We should remember that good people are allies to bad people when they witness bad things happening but do not take action or refuse to speak up when wrongs are being committed, verbally or otherwise. A positive way to deal with racist behavior is to try and calmly talk to the person(s) or at least tell them their racist behavior will not be tolerated. If the person is threatening or violent, get police involved. Ignoring racism only lets it fester and grow and any threats or actual violence should be taken seriously.

Believing that racism is only a problem between black and white people is very erroneous and problematic. Racist behavior occurs across all skin colors and within races as well. Let's not forget that one cannot correctly assume they know a person's race simply by their skin color or even the way they are dressed. Lastly, it's been my experience in speaking to those who attempt to deny the existence of racism to be the types of people who are too self centered to have ever even given it a thought simply because it has not happened to them or someone they love or care about.

I find racism angering and sad because every human being wants and needs the same basic things and even if some people don't like one another, there is no need to put people down due to skin color.

6. liesl5858 profile image86
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

No one should be subjected to any form of racism. If anyone is being racist, they should be educated about respect. We all turn to dust no matter what colour we are at the end of life.

7. profile image0
    Kingslayercrowposted 3 years ago

Tell them in a nice way that you see things differently and they will be discouraged to share their racist views with you. That is what I do, I live in the south so I have been around racist people my whole life.