jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can anyone claim to be better or more important than anyone else?

1. Hannah David Cini profile image77
    Hannah David Ciniposted 3 years ago

Can anyone claim to be better or more important than anyone else?

and if so how is it measured.

2. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12253321_f260.jpg

I believe my wife is my Better Half; thus, yes I do believe someone is more important than me. She has raised our children most wonderfully and when I was comatose she was by my side often and was there in my hospital room (which she decorated with pictures from my past to kick start my associative memories) when I awakened from my coma. She was there for me during every step of my rehabilitation. She was instrumental in my full recovery which incidentally allowed me to continue my significant habit that takes me away from her and awakens her at 5 A.M. Every Saturday morn. She tolerates my significant habit of playing ice hockey and has for over 30 years...

1. Hannah David Cini profile image77
      Hannah David Ciniposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What a positive answer. She sounds like an amazing woman. However you sound like you have a very healthy relationship and had the tables been turned would you have done the same making you her equal?

2. connorj profile image75
      connorjposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely I would have done the same for her; however, it would not have been completed as thoroughly or comprehensively...

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

People can (claim or choose to believe anything) they want!
    Our society also dwells on pursuing the right to be "special" over being equal. Equality or parity equates to being average or mediocre.
    There will always be products and services for people who are considered to be VIPs, first class travel arrangements, 5 star hotels and restaurants, people who are admired or revered, listened to while others are ignored or looked down upon.
    Mankind is competitive by nature. With every competition the end result is someone is classified as the winner and the other person or team is a loser. Every group has awards, trophies, or certificates.
    We call the person with the highest GPA the class "valedictorian". People have a need to know how they are doing compared to others.
    Most of us are always comparing ourselves to others and looking for ways to "stand out". We believe if we're the "best" at (something) it makes us "special". Does a man with a beachfront mansion, a wife, and beautiful family think he's "better" than a guy who is a drug addict and homeless sleeping underneath a freeway overpass?
    You bet he does! He's most likely lying if he tells you otherwise.
    However in the end we're all born, live a certain amount of time, and then we die. Death is the great equalizer. Everyone dies.

working