jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How important do you think democracy is? Do you think it was survive forever?

1. jadesmg profile image91
    jadesmgposted 2 years ago

How important do you think democracy is? Do you think it was survive forever?

2. Edwin Thomas profile image74
    Edwin Thomasposted 2 years ago

Democracy is important as long as people want freedom , secularity and want to live in a republic. In a democracy the leaders are responsible for their acts and are answerable to people unlike in monarchy. If you want to enjoy your life you should live in a democratic country. Monarchy is gross and too imposing.

1. dc2000222000 profile image60
      dc2000222000posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Without Democracy we are all slaves to our government, United States was formed by a handful of people escaping this form of slavery in hopes of finally having freedom.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I think democracy is important for a civilized society, but that doesn't mean it will survive forever, nor does it mean it is the most effective form of government for humans. Ancient civilizations, governed by kings and pharaohs, lasted longer than modern democracies. They may not have the moral high ground, but their reigns speak for themselves. Were modern governments wiped out tomorrow, there is no guarantee that what springs up in their place will be fair or democratic.

4. indraone01 profile image62
    indraone01posted 2 years ago

what best mind, good idea and perfect described for explain what a think democracy is?. Many country to claim a real democracy nation-state. Freewill, free speak, representative, equality, egality, humanity and more value of freedom is not only for democracy is. But for any system too, i think. For any reason, maybe a democracy is a ideal model for keeping that values.

5. jadesmg profile image91
    jadesmgposted 2 years ago

I always feel as though democracy isnt as able to be long lasting. Feudalism seems to be much stronger. Freedoms are not necessarily a result of democracy as 'best for most' or 'for the greater good' style thinking doesnt equal freedom. Democracy itself doesnt neccessitate equality in itself. A single ruler could be more generous and kind that the powers we would selfishly vote for. I dont know if I believe that democracy can actually work fairly in all honesty. Its fine for now but it cannot be the best... Surely.