jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you could choose where tax dollars went, what would you fund?

1. Jojo Yousef profile image72
    Jojo Yousefposted 2 years ago

If you could choose where tax dollars went, what would you fund?

1- Education
    2- Security
    3- Health

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I would fund higher education and healthcare, legitimate healthcare, not just the symptom chasing kind that makes billions in profits for pharmaceutical manufacturers.  I think preventative care and focusing on health would reduce health care costs due to preventable conditions.

Education would also be a plus.  So many young people graduating with debt up to their eyeballs and not enough decent jobs to go around.  It's a sad situation. Fund higher education and remove tax incentives to companies who export jobs overseas and give them instead to companies who employ people here (at a living wage).

So many things I would do differently if I were in charge of the money lol smile

3. Robert Beyer profile image79
    Robert Beyerposted 2 years ago

I think that I would put tax dollars into the education system first.  But managing the money involves spending the money responsibly.  If a school is open that does not have a certain number of students then it should be closed.  I would find a way to raise teachers salaries, because teachers have decided to make their work a career and they should be compensated.  Lastly I would find a way to help the students of the school have meals all day every day until they graduated.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

Education first, everything else second. Raising a highly trained, highly educated, and highly motivated generation of young people would fix most, if not all, of our nation's problems.

5. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 2 years ago

Personally, I want most of my tax dollars to be spent on funding the US Armed Forces.