What is your definition of protesting? Give examples

1. danicole profile image80
    danicoleposted 2 years ago

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

The Boston Tea Party 1773, The Civil Rights March on Washington in 1963, Any organized union that goes on strike, sick outs,  tree huggers to prevent cutting down forest trees, Vietnam war protest, women burning their bras during the feminist movement, Mahatma Gandhi hunger strike, and various other tactics used to disrupt the status quo in order to draw attention or attempt to force a change.
    Much of what was done during the Civil Rights movement was considered "civil disobedience" meaning laws at that time were broken and folks were arrested . Protests can be either peaceful or violent.

3. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

The only protesting that has affected me as of yet, was when they fired the higher up manager of market basket store and he was so loved, employees went on strike no one would hardly shop there. I went in during that time and they had no fresh foods delivered.They had great deals  you could get free bread while it lasted . There were signs everywhere about not shopping there, I felt like a trader but free bread and deals ummm yeah I shopped there for everything but fresh fruits and meat.

working