jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why do the pretty people get more breaks and better lives?

1. iggy7117 profile image80
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Why do the pretty people get more breaks and better lives?

They were already blessed with good looks, why do they get breaks and special treatment?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12419770_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Justaboutanythingposted 2 years ago

Human beings are by nature very shallow and less inclined to appreciate inner beauty. Maybe that is why beautiful people can get away with murder?

3. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Human nature is to like things more when they are appealing to look at. Considering we live in a world all about marketing and making money, logically it makes sense to use pretty people to make more money, to hire for the best sales position, to hire for any position that requires being looked at by the public.
    Pretty people on average make more money because they are more desirable to look at. How often do you see an ugly news anchor? Not often because even if it sounds mean the majority of people wouldn't want to look at an ugly one.
    Studies have been done that have proven that starting in infant years the majority of us prefer looking at a beautiful face over an ugly one. Should companies lose money to accommodate the less attractive? Less attractive people have their roles, average looking people have their roles, and pretty people have theirs. I don't really see it as a bad thing, I see it as human nature.

4. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 2 years ago

Oh, so my being pretty is the reason why I've had such a wonderful life and gotten so many good breaks.

Wow! Ya learn sumthin' new every day. : )

1. iggy7117 profile image80
      iggy7117posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Your like me, just too pretty.
      I have seen over and over that the good looking people get special attention or better offers-this is what I am talking about.

working