Are you in favor of political dynasty? Should we vote politicians coming from po

1. Xhyniie profile image89
    Xhyniieposted 2 years ago

Are you in favor of political dynasty? Should we vote politicians coming from political family?

In some countries especially in the Philippines, political dynasty is a very hot issue today. Political dynasty is a family in which several members are involved in politics, particularly electoral politics. Members may be related by blood or marriage; often several generations or multiple siblings may be involved. It is a termed coined by Filipinos  to describe this practice, it is the equivalent of an oligarchy in political science.

2. choneycutt profile image78
    choneycuttposted 2 years ago

A political dynasty is a complete mess.  Dynasties do not exist because they are practical; they exist because a person simply wanted to keep the power to rule in his or her family.  This form of government allows for incompetent rulers who are kept in positions of power without being held liable to the people.

I have worked in two places that were largely family-operated and they were simply disasters.  The first major problem I noticed is that, no matter how terrible someone was at his or her job, that person would not be fired; and, because that person knew he or she would not be fired, that person would cheat the system as much as possible.  Family employees would often steal from the cash register, siblings would constantly fight with one another, the family employees would gang up against other employees in cruel ways, and the managers and owners were completely biased towards their family.  So, compare this to a political dynasty and you will find that it operates very similarly.

3. Evane profile image52
    Evaneposted 2 years ago

I am against political dynasty, especially in the Philippines, my home country. Government position has become a business rather than a public trust. Wives, daughters, sons, nieces, nephews, everyone in the family are running for government office even though they do not have the experience and the capacity to handle their responsibilities. Such a shame. Again, a 3 year term is too long for a bad politician but too short for a good leader.