jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why have strong nations like US, Russia, China, India etc not taken all-out step

1. supremeupbeat k profile image67
    supremeupbeat kposted 2 years ago

Why have strong nations like US, Russia, China, India etc not taken all-out steps against terrorism?

2. profile image0
    Kevin Goodwinposted 2 years ago

We are a reactionary culture where we only take action after something has happened.

supremeupbeat kposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate your analysis specially for your brilliant use of intellectual term  'reactionary culture'. But if an alliance is formed worldly against terrorism, no damage, no decease , no destruction will happen.

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12587665_f260.jpg

I contemplate ultimately it is simply a type of relative selfishness. If a 3rd party (Jihadist types) can exist to weaken or undermine strong nations like the United States or coalitions like Western Europe either directly or indirectly not unlike what happened to the former Soviet Union with their entanglement in Afghanistan and Chechnya then I suppose there will be factions that continue to proliferate it until it becomes a monster or if you will, the proverbial "powder keg" and it literally explodes rather horrifically.

4. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I'm trying to think of what those all-out steps would be? Declaring war? On whom? It's not like terrorists have a country to themselves. You can't declare war against people who are scattered around the globe.

supremeupbeat kposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Really it is so difficult to abolish terrorists for what you have stated. But at any cost we the inhabitants of the beautiful globe should make an awareness against terrorism so that strong countries try to be united to wash out the globe's enemies.

working