jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Should we legalize human cloning?

1. profile image60
    peter565posted 2 years ago

Should we legalize human cloning?

With the increase aging population, the government should think of ways, to try increase population. An idea that come across my head is legalized human cloning and allow people to clone a younger version of themselves.  He would literally be like your twin, but significantly younger then you.

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

The last thing this planet needs is more people, no matter how they are created. There's no good reason to start cloning entire people.

1. jonnycomelately profile image81
      jonnycomelatelyposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Funny- I thought it read "human clothing," and was going to say "definitely!"

3. LiveFitForLife profile image87
    LiveFitForLifeposted 2 years ago

I wrote a hub on this topic that is finished but unpublished. I explore the good, bad, and ugly of the topic including its potential directions in the future. Its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Nevertheless, to condense 5,000 words to a single paragraph:

"Even though stem cell research is generally accepted by the public and provides promising potential to positively impact medicine, the ethical implications of full human cloning are too dangerous and consequential to risk and therefore ought to be banned. Human cloning is currently illegal in many places across the globe and the United Nations is continuing its rigorous reinforcement of protecting human rights and dignity. The implications of human cloning are both consistent and inconsistent with various religious groups and denominations that have had major figures such as Pope Benedict XVI and the Dalai Lama voice their opinions. Furthermore, the idea of human cloning has been a major topic of popular culture that has been showcased in novels such as Aldous Huxley’s “Brave New World” and Michael Bay’s “The Island,” which has created sway in public opinions. Ultimately, despite all the potential benefits and fabulous idealizations offered by human cloning, it is nevertheless a heavy burden for mankind, no matter what ethical lens it is viewed though."