jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What makes Jeb Bush THE WORST Republican president candidate? I really don't kno

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What makes Jeb Bush THE WORST Republican president candidate? I really don't know why he wanted

to run for president in the first place.  He is totally out of league so to speak.  He doesn't have the political smarts & wherewithal to be president.  We have enough inept presidents as is, why add another to the presidential pot!

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Apparently he chose the wrong era to run for president.
    He's not as colorful as some of the other candidates. He comes across as stiff, lifeless, seen as the establishment, and unfortunately his brother is George W. and that alone oftentimes puts him in a defensive mode.
    Supposedly he is smarter than his brother and has a much better record of being governor of Florida than his brother had being governor of Texas. Moderates aren't in vogue this time around.
    The primary voters seem to want to get rid of anyone who has government experience and try an "outsider" for a change.
    This explains why many so called established candidates are polling in single digits versus Trump and Carson who never held any office.
    Trump wants to build a wall and round up 11 Million people to deport while Carson insists upon proving he has some "street cred" by mentioning he attempted to stab someone and also went after his mother with a hammer.
    How can Jeb Bush compete with that? He can't! LOL!
    He did mention he smoked pot 40 years ago while in college. However in 2015 that doesn't seem nearly as edgy as it did when Bill Clinton ran in 1992 and appeared on the Arsenio Hall Show playing a saxophone wearing sunglasses. Jeb Bush looks like a 1950s relic!

3. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 2 years ago

I am not sure where you got your information, or shall I say, your opinion. But to answer your question, I assume Jeb Bush wants to run for president precisely because he is qualified and because he was an accomplished  governor of Florida. For example, he added 1.3 millions jobs in Florida; he slashed taxes by 19 million; he grew the economy by 7.2 percent while the rest of the nation was at 5%; he expanded educational opportunities for poor children and oversaw dramatic improvements in children's test scores; he improved health care in a way that was completely transparent, through privately managed health care, thus overhauling the bloated and ineffective Medicare system that had been in place previously; he saw to it that the state's reserves went from 1.3 billion to 9.8 billion; He also "designated more than one million acres of land for conservation, to include the Everglades;" and through his fiscal management, Florida achieved a AAA credit rating; he handled the crisis that occurred as a result of 9 hurricanes in a manner that was fast, steady and effective. He left office with a 64% approval rating.
    The list goes on and on, so frankly, when you use the word "inept," I can only guess that you hate the Bush family in general. But in this case, your assumption lacks facts to back up your claim, which is far from the truth. In fact, Jeb is probably the most qualified candidate America has. Also, he is also very transparent, having released all his financial records from the get-go. He's just not a flashy guy, like Bill Clinton, who by the way, would have achieved nothing had it not been for the Republican Congress who let him take the credit for fiscal growth and run with it. Frankly, we could use a steady and decisive man or woman in the White House who also understands foreign policy as well as immigration policy---which Jeb does.. Otherwise this country is going down even further than it has in these past seven years. I like Jeb Bush and I think the way you phrased this question is very misleading and frankly, more than a bit hostile. But, it's still a free country and you are entitled to your opinion, even if the facts don't support them.

4. ronbergeron profile image85
    ronbergeronposted 2 years ago

That's a loaded question whose premise I don't agree with. The way you phrase it implies that everyone agrees that he is the worst candidate. I'd have to give that title to Donald Trump, who is more of a side-show attraction than a candidate.

I think Bush is one of the better qualified among the current herd of Republican candidates.

We're still a long year away from voting. I haven't seen a candidate yet that I'd vote for, but there are many that I'd vote against. Like most election cycles, it will come down to the one I dislike the least.

5. profile image59
    peter565posted 2 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not another Bush in the White House.  The entire world was a mess under that last Bush.  Please not another.

6. AMFredenburg profile image81
    AMFredenburgposted 2 years ago

Several years ago he seriously proposed that a city in Florida be ruled by Catholic law; forget about abortion; that would've meant no birth control, no divorce....this goes against the establishment clause of the First Amendment and makes him absolutely unqualified to be president.