How do you feel about giving sanctuary to refugees from Syria?

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image80
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years ago

How do you feel about giving sanctuary to refugees from Syria?

I saw a picture of 10,000 refugees in New Orleans and I don't know if the picture is real. Also a video by BUZZPO.COM by Mark Clifton that showed a mob of Syrian Muslims coming into Germany and taking over people's homes. And another video by Breitbart.com that shows Syrian refugees threatening to go back to Syria because they did not like the food they were given and there was no TV in their room.
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11 … ium=social

2. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

You should never believe anything you see on Breitbart.

The US has committed to taking 10,000 refugees, total, spread throughout the country. They're not waiting in New Orleans. They're not even in this country. Some of them are being screened, overseas. They'll arrive here gradually, in small groups.

I'm all for taking them in. The State Department just released figures that show that the majority of refugees are women and children, and that less than 2% are men of military age. These are people who have been driven from their homes, and their country, by ISIS. Why would we not take them?

And, for those who think terrorists will come into the country as refugess: being screened to come into this country is a long process, and a lot of trouble to go through, with a high risk of being detained. The 9/11 terrorists didn't come in as refugees. They came in on student, travel, and business visas, which are really easy to get. Should we stop accepting students, tourists, and business travelers from overseas, just in case they might be members of ISIS?

working