jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think Ted Cruz meant by telling Donald that he had "New York values?

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

What do you think Ted Cruz meant by telling Donald that he had "New York values?"

If you are a New Yorker, do you think you have "New York values?"

2. Besarien profile image84
    Besarienposted 2 years ago

I think he meant that he knew people in NY weren't going to vote for him anyway. So he might as well insult New Yorkers and make brownie points with all the people in other states who have a problem with rude, money driven NY city folk who think they are somehow superior to the rest of us hicks. It was probably a good move politically, because Trump has the Republican vole in NY sewed up in his Trump brand suit pocket. In the election, NY will go to Hillary anyway. Not a NY but I lived there several years and met a lot of nice people but was never happy there. I like big towns or tiny cities surrounded by wilderness.

Stacie Lposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Metropolitan New Yorkers are driven and opinionated;they can come off as rude to outsiders. That being said, I think you were correct stating that Cruz may have thought the had no chance of gaining the New York vote ,so he had nothing to lose.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

He's only conservative by New York's very liberal standards.

Stacie Lposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense,but not all New Yorkers are liberal.  ;-)

working