jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Should the average American fear Constitutionalist?

1. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 2 years ago

Should the average American fear Constitutionalist?

People who take things literally and word-for-word can be scary and threatening. With that in mind and considering the Bundy crew and their followers, should we look at literal Constitutionalists as a form of domestic terrorism?

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

The average constitutionalist wants to limit the power of the government to prescribed, known limits.
    Those who want big government see it as OK for the state to be involved in any aspect of the social, economic and political realm.
    It is the person who thinks the power of the state can and should be involved anywhere that is a bigger threat to freedom and individuals.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 2 years ago

Can you tell me, exactly who 'the Bundy crew' harmed, and how they harmed them?

I'm unaware of anyone being harmed at all by 'the Bundy crew.'  I am aware of one of 'the Bundy crew' being murdered by police.

So are you suggesting we should be afraid of people who've not harmed anyone? How logical is that? How healthy is it to fixate on random groups of persons who've never harmed anyone, and think they are going to jump out of the shadows and harm you? I'd say that is not just a tad mentally ill, but hospitalization worthy.

1. pagesvoice profile image85
      pagesvoiceposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I asked a question without opening the door for a personal insult. Apparently I struck a nerve. The Bundy crew broke numerous laws, strutted their weaponry around as wannabe militia and destroyed government property. They are domestic terrorists.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Police strut their weaponry around daily. Police kill unarmed persons constantly all over the nation.

Who did 'the Bundy crew' murder?

To be a 'terrorist' one has to commit an act of violence, so again - who did 'the Bundy crew' harm?

3. pagesvoice profile image85
      pagesvoiceposted 2 years agoin reply to this

U.S. Code defines domestic terrorism as acts dangerous to human life that violates federal or state law; Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 2 years agoin reply to this

So while one of these 'dangerous crew' was murdered by law enforcement - and you can't name anyone this 'dangerous crew' harmed - I take it you have no instance of anyone harmed by a supposedly 'dangerous crew.'

working