What is the first thing you would do if you where the president of your country?

1. profile image0
    PeterStipposted 2 years ago

What is the first thing you would do if you where the president of your country?

In every country things can be improved. What would be the most important thing/things you would like to change if you where in power?

2. Ken Burgess profile image90
    Ken Burgessposted 2 years ago

I would begin the laborious process of prepping the country, and our manufacturing base for the removal of 'most favoured nation' status for China.

This would mean China would no longer be able to ship its products to America tariff free, and would make it more economical to manufacture items in America again, which in turn would provide jobs, and eventually increased wages (which have been in decline across the board for years).

Once I had tackled that white whale, I would amend or terminate both CAFTA, NAFTA, and any other AFTAs we have in place, so that they are more favorable to America's interests, and make it more prohibitive for businesses to ship their jobs out of the country.

1. profile image0
      PeterStipposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Not a bad idea, but it will be a hell of a job. China will be the biggest market, whatever the US does. Empires rise and fall. A good book to read is: "Why the west rules for now..." By Ian Morris. Puts it all in perspective.

working