jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Is what you are doing what you thought you would do when you grew up?

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 21 months ago

Is what you are doing what you thought you would do when you grew up?

How is it working for you?

2. yecall profile image70
    yecallposted 21 months ago

Yes!  I thought I would be a writer when I grew up, and here I am, a writer.  I am happy with what I am, although sometimes I wish for a more simple fate.  Anyways, I am lucky to be a writer because many people would wish that they could be.  Always be proud of what you are.

threekeysposted 21 months agoin reply to this

I am happy for you that you can do what you love....write....and I like how you reinforce us to have a healthy sense of self and self respect no matter where we are or what we do. Thank you yecall.

3. profile image61
    ezba29posted 21 months ago

When i was small i used to think Whatever may be my profession I want to be honest and perfect in that job.i m following that now and got lot of credits from people around me. .I am so happy about that even though I am facing lots of problems being honest but so many people are benefit because of this. I am making people around me to follow by showing them real happiness of honesty.

I am with you...i feel the more open we can be the chances are greatly improved to experience better relationships. And this means to me more fun comfort and joy to be shared and had for everyone. Now that's got to be a good thing, yes?

2. profile image61
      ezba29posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Yes thank you

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 21 months ago

Mine was the simple way, my Sweet Threekeys. It's all in my book. My mum was poor and we struggled a bit. I left school at fifteen and became a clerk, purely to bring money to my mom. Later I became a policeman. It was just an easy way in at the time.

When I left for England, it was also easy. They were selecting people to work as nurses in the UK. I was curious and also longed to see the Queen. Two weeks after arrival, I started nursing. I'm still doing this over 40 years later, but no, I did not think or even dream of this.

I met my Spiritual Teacher in 1982, and my whole angle of vision changed. Now God is my only Love, in a manner of speaking, and His creation is part and parcel of my daily life. Hope this helps.

Interesting life Manatita44.....it seems your life choices have reflected  a love for people which now wants to transmute to the sublime.....

2. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Yes. It is all Grace. I think that I did some work in my last life.

working