jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think Humans can return back to nature?

1. Bella Sames profile image79
    Bella Samesposted 21 months ago

Do you think Humans can return back to nature?

Do you think humans are too far gone to return back to a more sustainable, environmental friendly way of living?

2. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 21 months ago

Yes we can, Bella. I am half way there, growing my own herbs and vegetables organically, raising chickens. Also have only rain water saved in tanks and solar power. We recycle most things as well. It can be done.

3. profile image60
    ezba29posted 21 months ago

Though we want to return back to nature but due to fast moving world it is not possible to return. Now a days even dressing style few we all following old fashion but we won't go back to nature
    Since population increases we are destroying trees and building house. Every human want to live in environment friendly world but due to comfortable life and earnings they want to move to cities.
    Not only population even pollution also increased. Lot of changes in climate though all government is doing awareness program we are not implementing . Only thing we can  plant few trees in home and feel little comfortable with nature.

4. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 21 months ago

If meant off-grid like Jodah shared, then yes. If meant will urban areas be eliminated, then no. I don't think it is an issue of humans per se. It is an issue of population. Individuals can change. If enough then collectively too. It seems the question asks if there can be a better balance between humans today with earth's nature - ecology, (If that is what is meant by nature) as it is today. Most certainly.

Scientist / author Jared Diamond offers some insight into this question. From some of my reading looking for an answer I decided this answer. The first time a human plowed a furrow nature lost its virginity. Simultaneously animals were domesticated. Nature lost again. No other animal planted plants and harvested them for food to my knowledge and understanding today. No other animal domesticated animals. I dun'no . . . In an odd sense it has the same implication as the GMO arguments. Nature was altered for the benefit of humans.

An interesting article by Jared Diamond to read at Discover Magazine is at this link: http://discovermagazine.com/1987/may/02 … human-race

Here is a link to a more detailed article by the same author: http://www.ditext.com/diamond/mistake.html

5. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

Genetic engineering of crops will allow us to provide just as much food on half the land. More industrial farming, too, will triple and quadruple yields in places where people still use subsistence farming.
    Reduce farmland use by a third or quarter, and you can allow much more land to go wild as has happened in the US since we've shifted to industrial farming.

working