jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Will the current presidential candidates cause a low voter turnout in November?

1. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 20 months ago

Will the current presidential candidates cause a low voter turnout in November?

I've spoken to Republicans and Democrats who tell me they're just not going to vote in November, because they don't like anyone running for president. Is this right?  I plan to hold my nose and vote, but I will still vote.  I think too many people have sacrificed too much for my right to vote.  I will hold my nose and do it out of respect.  What do you think?

2. wael elmenshawy profile image61
    wael elmenshawyposted 20 months ago

I think that if you're not willing to choose anyone Don't.
    Freedom is to do what you completely believe in

Readmikenowposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Don't you feel you have an obligation to vote?  Many people in many countries don't have that right and would like to have it.

3. profile image81
    Hxprofposted 20 months ago

Oh I'll vote, but I'll vote for neither of the major party candidates because I don't believe either one of them is worth my vote. I'll vote either write in or third party.

1. wael elmenshawy profile image61
      wael elmenshawyposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I agree with you.

4. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 20 months ago

Mike....Interesting.  We are thinking alike. Just yesterday this question went through my mind.  I too have experienced so many comments from so many voters about their desperation and disappointment.
    I admit I've made the comment myself about perhaps not voting at all but I know come November, I will vote.
    Of course our "choices" are not the best.  Are we actually faced with voting for the candidate we dislike the least?  What a sad situation. 
    I've reached the point of shutting down and not wanting to hear or see any more about the campaign.  I don't recall a time when the attitudes of the average American has been at such a low point. 
    I doubt holding your nose will make you feel better!  LOL

Readmikenowposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your insight.  I'm hoping for the best.  I feel as if I'm not really part of the process this time.

5. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12136066_f260.jpg

My prediction:  The November 2016 voter turnout will set an all time record as voters who thought "a curse on both your parties" finally have an outspoken, politically incorrect "outsider" candidate who says what they are thinking, and the established "insider" politician struggles to get her remaining supporters to the polls.
    Jill Stein (Green Party) and Gary Johnson (Libertarian) will add their supporters to the total in a nationwide exercise we can all be proud of when it is all over and reality sets in.

working