To real soldiers: Do you think George Bush's conquering Iraq technique as a majo

1. profile image60
    peter565posted 21 months ago

To real soldiers: Do you think George Bush's conquering Iraq technique as a major failure?

U don't need to be a soldier to know conquering campaign is hard to fight and many superior army got defeat by significantly inferior army, in such campaign, Yet, George Bushed used that technique to try deal with Iraq, for 8 years our soldier fought a war, where the enemies are at all front and can't tell the difference between civilian or enemy troops.Do u believe Bush should have waited till Afghanistan is over, till going into iraq and is it better to eg have Iraq surrounded, keep bombing them, like what Obama is doing to ISIS, then to have our soldiers charging in, gun blazing?

2. Old-Empresario profile image81
    Old-Empresarioposted 21 months ago

Yes. Just by invading Iraq while the UN was still trying to do its job, the president broke international law. And Iraq was one of the weakest and most ruined countries in the Middle East y 2003. Morality was not on our side from the outset, which is always bad for the invader.

As a soldier, here's what I think: when you're invading a sovereign nation and your army is culturally foreign (does not speak the language or know the customs or demographics), then there is really only one thing to do. And that is to colonize and bring the conquered nation into your system. Otherwise it's best to get an adjacent country to do the invading for you or to foment a civil war with US-trained paramilitaries (though this has brutal consequences historically and leads to long-term problems between the controlled country and the US).

1. profile image60
      peter565posted 21 months agoin reply to this

I agree, I think Bush over rely on US military superiority. US might have currently the most powerful army, but an army can only be as good as its commander and policy maker, otherwise US won't loose Vietnam and can't win in America Independent  war