Opinion on Original Posters deleting discussion responses that run counter to th

1. Johnny James A profile image78
    Johnny James Aposted 20 months ago

Opinion on Original Posters deleting discussion responses that run counter to the answers they want.

Recently I posted an answer to a Discussion Question.  The next day the comment was deleted. The response did not contain any foul language, hateful speech, nor did it even reference the Original Poster (OP).  However, the answer seemed to run afoul of the answer that the OP was looking for.  Many times we can tell by the way the discussion question is written, as the question will be purposely "slanted" to elicit as certain response. Why posted a Discussion Question, which should bring about robust discussion if you can not take certain factual feedback? Why not just write an article?

2. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

They are posting questions to try to elicit conversations and convert people to their point of view, not have an open discussion that challenges their own beliefs.

3. cmoneyspinner1tf profile image89
    cmoneyspinner1tfposted 14 months ago

(Huge sigh.)  I have the opposite problem.  I responded and after giving it a second thought, I would like my comment deleted.  But I can't do it!  (O.o)

working