jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Should the Government force you to rent out your study/spare room to a stranger?

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 20 months ago

Should the Government force you to rent out your study/spare room to a stranger?

Because there is a home shortage and the Powers That Be don't want to build new housing or stop negative gearing....

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13074846_f260.jpg

2. Alessio Ganci profile image84
    Alessio Ganciposted 20 months ago

I think absolutely NO: I understand these problems, but no one should be forced when talking about private properties and the right of freely using them. Private property is one of the most important things in life, as it refers to something is mine: we should not violate this.

I agree if the Government decides to incentive people who may rent their living place (maybe a second house), with many benefits, but forcing absolutely no

threekeysposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Yes I agree with your views.

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 20 months ago

In this country we have the 3rd amendment to protect us against such actions. Although the actual amendment specifies 'soldiers' I believe the protection would extend to an attempt by the government to forcibly house any stranger in our homes.

threekeysposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Lucky you are protected.

4. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

There is a section in the Bill of Rights that says the government cannot force you to house and quarter soldiers. The British sent soldiers to the colonies, and to save money, told households these men are going to live here and you're going to feed them or we just kick you out of the house. That was such an outrage it is part of the Constitution's first ten amendments.
    The federal government saying you have to let strangers live in your home a la housing shortage is the same thing - a clear violation of privacy rights and property rights.

working