What are the major issues between Islam and the West ???
Kindly mention issues in points ... Thank you.
1. Islam steps into a multi-cultural West that says all cultures are equal and says "We're number one!" It demands special privileges/accommodations from "stop serving pork" to demanding changes in dress codes to suit them and only them.
2. Muslims in the West are demanding abrogation of the rights of others to suit its sensibilities like demands to criminalize criticism of Islam, while mocking of Christianity and other belief systems is fine and done regularly.
3. The view many Muslims have that they have a right to physically harm those who criticize Islam, criticize the bad actions by Muslims jailing of rape victims, 90% of all honor killings done by Muslims. When you can't call out wrongdoing because of the identity group of the perpetrators, you get evil like the Rotherham rape scandal, where police thought it worse to be called racist than arrest a Pakistani Muslim gang that raped 1400+ under aged white girls over several years or the New Years Eve 2016 attacks across Europe of Muslim men sexually assaulting women while the officials thought it worst to hurt the image of Muslim migrants than report on gangs of Muslim men across the continent raping and groping women.
4. Islam's violent fundamentalist groups from Boko Haram to ISIS to Al Shabab to Al Queda, killing secular Muslims and non-Muslims alike. No other religion has groups quoting a holy book while killing people per the instructions and example of the founder of the faith.
5. The large majority of Muslims who agree with the violent actions of the fundamentalist terrorists, such as the more than half of Muslims who say it is right to kill adulterers and anyone who leaves Islam.
6. The "no true Scotsman" fallacy of Muslims saying that the thousands of attacks every year in the name of Islam by Muslims aren't really Muslim, from beheading Buddhist school teachers in Thailand to Christians in Egypt who ask to build a church to mobs killing atheists in Pakistan. Instead, it is a litany of "they aren't really Muslim, though they quote the Koran and follow Mohammed's oh, no, you're afraid of us, that's the immorality!"
There cannot be peace between the Muslim world and the West until:
1. Islam reforms to renounce its right to rule the world.
2. Islam agrees others have the same rights to criticize it and not be killed for doing so.
3. Muslims admit that all these terrorists are acting per the Koran's words - then contextualize to say that was then, and should not be now
by Real Life Stories 5 years ago
What are the parallels between the right to offend Islam and the right to offend Royalty?In the west, most consider the right to offend an important right and integral to healthy democracy. Do we have right to offend Islam? Christianity? Royalty? Here in UK , some consider it...
by TMMason 6 years ago
Okay all you great historians and know it alls... who is this sitting with ole Adolf? And all you muslims can take a guess also... he is one of your great heros after all.http://www.theblaze.com/stories/israeli … ral-video/Long live Israel... The vote in the United Nations will be coming up....
by Mustafa Khursheed 3 years ago
Your first statement should probably be a definition of Islam: is it what the terrorists, using religion for an excuse for jihad, worship or is it what the more peaceful people worship. Or somewhere in between?
by Wissam Qawasmeh 7 months ago
What comes in your mind when you hear the word Islam or Muslim?And Why?
by Claire Evans 2 years ago
Very rarely do I see a forum thread on Islam. I have not seen an atheist who has started a thread on Islam insulting Mohammed or Allah or just speaking out against them. Christianity and Jesus seem to be the target. I know it is because the US, for example, is considered a...
by pisean282311 7 years ago
Kings, emirs and presidents from Muslim nations have made pressing appeals to the United Nations for the West to clampdown on attacks on Islam which they warned is a growing threat to international security.In speeches to the UN General Assembly, leaders said that “Islamophobia” was causing a...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|