jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Who won the vice presidential debate?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 17 months ago

Who won the vice presidential debate?

2. savvydating profile image95
    savvydatingposted 17 months ago

Pence won. Kaine was overly rehearsed, defensive and nervous. Pence was natural, patient and articulate. He got his message across---the message that America can be safer, more prosperous, and more respected. Too bad the moderator let Kaine interrupt over and over and over again. Personally, I wish Pence was running for President.  One thing I do know---if Pence has to take over as President one day,  he can do the job well. Kaine? Not so sure.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Good answer!

I have to say for Kaine, a Catholic, to say the death penalty, sentencing convicted murderers to death, was THE thing that conflicted his religious beliefs most, even over the killing innocent children in the womb was sick.

3. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 17 months ago

Not sure we'll know the answer for sure until all is said and done re the election but it was certainly interesting to think through what we saw. First thought is that Clinton and Trump's choices tell something about their financial goals for the USA. Each of the debater's records speak clearly for them with one of their states thriving and the other deeply in debt.

Clinton and Trump's choices tell us something about the methods they plan to use. When it comes to being loud and boisterous, both Clinton and Trump are fairly equal, but one chose a man who is a ruthless bully and the other chose one who is far more manly. If I were Clinton I would be thinking twice about the choice and preparing to watch my back closely if elected. Trump's choice is a good indication that, for all his boisterousness, he is willing to bring in a strong advisor with a great record and a gentleman's demeanor.   

Clinton's choice in Kaine certainly matches her stance toward the American people. Both try to lead the public into thinking that the government can solve their problems and, so, government should be increased, including on intrusive levels. Their record reveals, though, that they try to hide their real goal which is more money and power for themselves and their ilk, more bondage for the poor and any they can squeeze financially. Trumps's choice in Pence displays at least something of a desire to free the American people from government tyranny and bring it back into a framework that founders wrote about with tremendous insight into the future. 

On a personal level for each man, it was striking and sickening that Kaine used his faith to express feeling bad about convicting violent criminals to death for working their savagery on victims but refused to speak for those in the womb whose violent deaths continue. Pence's record of working to protect the innocent whether they are in the womb, or are police and military personnel, or the innocent in poor communities speaks quite well for the advice he would bring to the table on behalf of protecting American people and trying to help the world.

There's much more to look at and little time yet to ponder it all. Who won? An intriguing question. How fed up the American people are is where the answer will be found.

1. savvydating profile image95
      savvydatingposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Awesome answer. Even Michael Moore understands just how fed up American's are right now. That is what gives Trump an edge.  I also appreciated that Pence brought up the coal industry. Pence---a brilliant choice!!!

4. chateaudumer profile image81
    chateaudumerposted 17 months ago

It was a toss up! No one in my opinion. The debate will not changed the presidential election, anyway. I am a Clinton Fan, because I am scared because of Trump's temperament and no political experience.