Who won the presidential debate last night, Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Eric L. Andrews profile image57
    Eric L. Andrewsposted 11 years ago

Who won the presidential debate last night, Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

2. IntroduceCroatia profile image58
    IntroduceCroatiaposted 11 years ago

As far as I know - Mitt Romney. I read it in the news.

3. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

Romney. Obama was rude by looking down at his notes when Romney addressed him. Barack seemed unprofessional.

4. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 11 years ago

I kind of thought it was boring and they both were lackluster. Learned nothing new really! If i had to vote I would say they tied. I think Romney came across a little more down to earth, than in the past and President Obama was not as exuberant as usual. I would rather see how they would do answering questions from the public!

5. peoplepower73 profile image81
    peoplepower73posted 11 years ago

Romney had his smile on the whole time which made him look more personable.  Obama was frowning and looking down and appeared to add approval by nodding his head yes to whatever Romney said.  Romney attacked and Obama defended.  Romney spoke in generalities about what he what liked to do if he were president and Obama spoke in specifics about what is still left to do in his agenda.Obama's specifics were much harder to grasp, but were much more substantive.

There is much spin going on today about Obama needing a teleprompter in order to speak, but I have seen him in many interviews and he does just fine...So who won?  It depends on ones perception. Romney won for his attacks.  Obama won for speaking about specific points, but lost for not smiling.

6. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 11 years ago

Mitt Romney - he received the higher grade last night.  He was more presidential and had more factual information as I heard on NPR this morning and I agree.

1. Eric L. Andrews profile image57
      Eric L. Andrewsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

davk, please refrain from personal attacks against the other commenters.  We don't need to stoop to the level of the politicians in this country and their handlers/talking heads that propagate divisiveness and the polarization of us to make money.

7. rfmoran profile image68
    rfmoranposted 11 years ago

Romney won hands down. Finest debate performance I have ever seen. It could be a game changer. The issue is: how many undecideds from Florida and Ohio watched.

1. profile image47
      davkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I bet Bush and amazed u too with his perfomace of robbing the country dry.... and u hating on
      Obama .... wow ...

8. Sunshine625 profile image84
    Sunshine625posted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7233621_f260.jpg

I think Big Bird was the winner. He's more popular then ever, has gained millions of new fans and has his own Twitter account. Big Bird must be saved.

1. profile image47

Mitt hating on Big Bird to .... who the hell he think he is ..... Because Big Bird don't go to his church .... and u people think he is better than Obama please ... dumb is

2. Sunshine625 profile image84
      Sunshine625posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know! What did poor big bird do to that man to wanna just kick our yellow furry friend to the curb. It's a darn shame.

9. lovemychris profile image78
    lovemychrisposted 11 years ago

Obama won. He speaks to thinking people. Mittens speaks to fantasy-land. Pssssst: If you make medicare a voucher system, they will take people who choose a voucher's money out of the pool. This will mean, YET AGAIN, that only those with money will be able to afford care.Same way as you cut school financial aid, only those whose parents have $$ can go to college.
    Why does Sheldon deserve another tax cut? WHY? Mitt will pay 0% with Ryan's plan. Who will pay for the up-keep of America?
    Those withless.Us thinking people. The fantasy thinkers will be long gone. No patriotism for America, only for their wallets.
    Ask the Bushes. They own a compound in Paraguya. How come? Cheney buying up Dubai. Patriotism? Romney wants your kids to die for another country.Again.Sorry--these people are not patriots, and they need to go."I calls em as I sees em." --Popeye

1. profile image47

some people love to be fooled ..... by very rich people ...that don't give a dam about them  .... keep in mind he looks down on them ...  they to middle class or poor....

10. BSloan profile image68
    BSloanposted 11 years ago

I think Romney won, hands down. 

He was more confident and showed how a true leader acts in front of the American people.  Like anyone applying for a job, he showed he wanted it more, showed more passion, had the respect to look Obama in the face each time he answered,  and although we may not agree with everything he says, I believe he will represent and respect our country more than Obama has.

I was pretty shocked to see Obama so uninterested in being there.  This was a great opportunity to show what he is made of since the majority of the nation was watching the debate.  He was more interested in his anniversary and getting out of there.  In my opinion, he seemed annoyed and bored to have to be answering to the American people on why he wants us to reelect him. 

Being President of the United States is an honor and Obama demonstrated he pretty much didn't care about proving himself to the people.  As soon as the debate was over, he was outta there (probably celebrating his anniversary, a major priority on such a critical night).  At this point, I think he just care about being the winner.

1. lovemychris profile image78
      lovemychrisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If it's such an honor, why do the Republicans show him no respect?

11. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Who won? The Corporate Party!

Obamney = Rombama.

It's now a felony to protest what the government does. Ten years in prison for speaking out. For now, the Internet is free, but the assaults on that last bastion of free speech continue. SOPA, PIPA, CISPA, TPP and more.

And the national debt is accelerating past $16 Trillion toward oblivion. The chaos created by the popping of that bubble will leave only the Bankers and their friends standing, picking up the pieces of America for free.

Don't believe it?

Check out these 2 videos which prove that both halves of the Corporate Party presidential conventions have eliminated voting and Roberts Rules of Order.

RNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKaXqoC4DjE

DNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmaE2Aez_XY

12. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

If you have to ask this question , you probably  won't understand the answer!

13. movingout profile image61
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

Let's see here, Romney killed "Big Bird" and President Obama killed Bin Laden. Tough foreign policy question to answer? lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)