jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

If gender fluidity is a real thing then am I lying when I self ID to the police

1. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 13 months ago

If gender fluidity is a real thing then am I lying when I self ID to the police differently?

University of Kansas students are being offered buttons meant to make their preferred gender pronouns clear. If  gender fluidity is a gender identity which varies over time, then is that giving false information to the police? And if fluid gender ID is real doesn't that also expand to whom I call myself? If so then giving a "false" name & gender no longer exists! Personally I think it is wrong to have any button ID'g your sex de jour. ACLU said in the 1960's that Honolulu's mahus didn't have to wear a button that said "I'm a boy" as legally required by the city at that time.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13339908_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 13 months ago

Liberal arts programs need to include at least one class on human anatomy.
    We can debate social roles and behavior norms for the two sexes and one can change roles and norms (becoming a stay at home father/mother, the clothes and colors one wears).
    You cannot change "sex" or "gender" without major surgery and taking massive hormones.
    Gender-fluid is ripe for abuse by the mentally ill who can't make up their minds of what they want to be, men who want to compete in women's events to win due to superior physical ability but still live as men and would be rapists and voyeurs to gain access to women's spaces when they want.
    You can say there is a rape culture and 1/5 of women are raped or you can cater to biologically intact men with sexual attraction to women (2/3 of transgenders in this category, since 3/4 are men and less than 1/4 have plumbing removed) ... you cannot have both. And right now, the catering to the transgender/mentally ill community, like the pandering to the Muslim community's true misogyny and rape culture, is at the literal expense of women's safety and rights.

3. LoliHey profile image57
    LoliHeyposted 13 months ago

Gosh, this is so ludicrous.   No, you are not giving false information to the police if you use the wrong gender pronouns.  There are only 2 genders, no others exist.  If anything, a trans person is the one giving the police false information, by not telling the truth.   Just because you wear a button, it does not make you another gender.  Gender does not change, and there is no gender identify, or this fluidity nonsense.  Hopefully this crap is just a fad and will go out of style soon enough.  If you look like a woman, that's what I'm calling you.  End of story.

1. ptosis profile image81
      ptosisposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Remember that SNL skit, "It's just Pat" the nongender person that nobody knew what sex Pat was?

2. LoliHey profile image57
      LoliHeyposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Yeah, that was funny, because it wasn't real.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 13 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12760433_f260.jpg

Ptosis
    Really, doesn't the country have enough problems without adding this to the list.

Even science increases the intelligence of Apes to human levels, will we have to include them in this pronouns?
    Time to move onto real problems.

working