Anyone else sick of political posts?

1. poppyr profile image98
    poppyrposted 15 months ago

Anyone else sick of political posts?

Can we talk about something other than Trump, Obama, America, protests etc etc? There are people here from other countries besides the USA, you know.

2. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 15 months ago

With all due respect, I'm not sure a post complaining about political posts is going to help spawn a discussion about something other than politics.  If you want to talk about something else why don't you post something else specifically that you'd like to talk about?

Most of the people actively contributing to the Q&A section on this particular website seem to be American as well, so yes, there are other countries besides the US but I think you've found yourself in the midst of mostly Americans.  Naturally that's a big focus.

I myself am not from the US but I enjoy talking politics, maybe it's easier because they're my neighbours and what they do affects my country more directly than perhaps most other places outside of the US.  I also think this election has been a bit unique and divisive in a way that they haven't seen in a while, and that divisiveness is bringing up issues that extend to other countries in the world on different levels (women's rights, immigration, etc.).

Anyway, it's pretty easy to scroll past and not contribute to the discussions you aren't interested in them.  Unless you're prepared to start some new ones as I've mentioned, I'm not quite sure how productive it is to just say you're tired of it.

working