jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Who is responsible for the death of 2 Indians recently in USA?

1. Rstudios profile image59
    Rstudiosposted 11 months ago

Who is responsible for the death of 2 Indians recently in USA?

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 11 months ago

One Indian man was shot and killed by a lone gunman who shouted "Get out of my country". Another man, a Sikh, was shot in the arm, by a man who shouted "Go back to your own country".

Who is responsible? The President who ran his campaign on a steady stream of labeling anyone who isn't white as criminals and terrorists. The government that's making a big show of rounding up "illegal" immigrants, even though some of these folks are in the country legally, or covered under various programs that allow them to be here.

And the uneducated populace, who now believes that anyone with skin that isn't white is an enemy, and that it's acceptable to ride around town shooting random neighbors, based on their ethnic background.

But also: two complete nut-jobs with guns, who should go to jail for a long time.

3. lions44 profile image98
    lions44posted 11 months ago

I live just a few miles from the Kent, WA incident and I was shocked.  Most of WA is a very tolerant state, regardless of whether you are a Dem or GOPer. Granted, Western WA and Eastern WA are culturally very different. But still these types of crazy issues rarely occur.  Our Indian community is growing substantially on the "east side," that is the Seattle suburbs across Lake Washington. I'm sure this is very troubling to them. 

I know the City of Kent very well, spent years working there. The neighborhood where this occurred is very diverse.  In a bit of Trump irony, Kent also has a very large Russian and Ukrainian community, that tend to be very religious as well.  I'm just shocked about it. 

Who's responsible?  Let's face it, a climate of hate and absolutely craziness has been cultivated by the rise of Trump. I personally know many friends who voted for him, and don't have these types of prejudices.  But in our current media age, all it takes is one vulnerable loser with a gun.  Our leaders must take responsibility for both their words and actions.

1. Rstudios profile image59
      Rstudiosposted 11 months agoin reply to this

The hatred have been there for a long time. There have been incidents in past as well. We cannot ignore that. But now the atmosphere created by media is going against the humanity. Not only Trump, I believe media is equally responsible for it.

4. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 11 months ago

Is Barrack O'Bama responsible for the shooting of 5 Dallas police officers because of his constant anti-police rhetoric?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor … 1d4b33f554

1. lisavollrath profile image96
      lisavollrathposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I live in the DFW area. NOBODY here thinks this is Obama's fault. "Constant anti-police rhetoric" isn't true. After the shootings, he said, "These are attacks on public servants, on the rule of law, and on civilized society, and they have to stop."

2. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 11 months agoin reply to this

You need to learn more about the things Obama said about the police and how he treated them. I have friends in DFW and YES many people blame Obama's attitude for what happened.  http://www.dailywire.com/news/7411/7-di … aid-while-

working