jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Being lucky or Being Blessed. Why?

1. Happy Knees profile image61
    Happy Kneesposted 11 months ago

Being lucky or Being Blessed. Why?

What do you prefer among this? Cite your views here.

2. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 11 months ago

I do think some people can be lucky. I dont know why. Perhaps they have a attitude that any minute an opportunity is going to come their way, and that being alert together with being optimistic, just gets them to see what others don't see or miss.
    I dont believe in being blessed-religiousity.
    But whatever these lucky people do, to have luck on their side, I wish they would share their secret with us!

3. The0NatureBoy profile image48
    The0NatureBoyposted 11 months ago

I do not believe in "luck" since I recognize predestination. Every life-force is required to experience what is called luck and what is called unlucky since living is the process of learning the 360 Degrees within and without of every subject matter.

In searching for a way to defend bless because the people who usually use it are associated with the Christian religion, I define the term "bless" by its spelling being "be less." Almost every place one finds it in scripture the implications the person blessed will become less than civilized man.

An example is Psalm 1:1 which reads; "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful." Most People calling themselves Christians are usually "counseling ungodly, preventing sinners form seeking truth and scorning" people yet they call themselves civilized. I would have to "be less" than what they term civilized or righteous to not do the things we are told would make one "blessed" to be blessed. The same is realized when we read "the 'B' attitudes" in Matthew 5:3-11.

Because of that realization I say neither, lucky or blessed.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 11 months ago

From my point of view being lucky is being blessed!
    Much like (beauty); its all in the eye of the beholder.
    Ultimately (our choices/decisions) made determine our fate.