Should Antifa member and University professor Eric Clanton be charged for bike l

1. RJ Schwartz profile image94
    RJ Schwartzposted 12 months ago

Should Antifa member and University professor Eric Clanton be charged for bike lock assault?

Diablo Valley College professor Eric Clanton has been "unmasked" and identified as a someone observed swinging a bike lock for fifteen seconds before hitting and injuring another man.  Clanton's Amazon account was hacked revealing a purchase of 15 such locks just before the Antifa rally.  His social media accounts have been quickly disabled.  Is the violence getting out of hand and should he be charged with attempted murder; assault with a deadly weapon?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13502308_f260.jpg

2. Dean Traylor profile image93
    Dean Traylorposted 12 months ago

He should if he was definitively confirmed to be the person; however, the accusation that it was him comes from questionable sites (4chan, Rebel, and Daily Stormer) and, contrary to what is being reported on sites like those, he hasn't been arrested or formally accused by law enforcement. Also, the reports that they somehow identified him through photo recognition is very sketchy and come from one person's tweet. 4chan -- possibly the last name you think of in credibility -- stated about the Amazon hack; however, from what I've read the information doesn't definitively identify him.  Even the reports that the victim was filing a complaint against him was never officially reported.
    Like I said; if he did it, he needs to be charged for it. I'm not a fan of the antifa's tactics. I believe that they're counterproductive. I also believe they're just anarchists taking advantage of the situation to create havoc.
    However, if he's not the person, then these sites need to stop jumping to conclusion because it fits their ideologies.

working