jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think it is okay for anyone under 18 to take transgender hormones? What's

1. Jeanna218 profile image80
    Jeanna218posted 10 months ago

Do you think it is okay for anyone under 18 to take transgender hormones? What's your opinion?

I know a mom who is helping her 16 year old daughter(now son) transition. No matter what your opinion is isn't that dangerous at that age to be taking any drug.

2. savvydating profile image95
    savvydatingposted 10 months ago

I watched a PBS special about transgendered teenagers & pre-teens. The problem I saw was that after the transition, some kids were still confused. One stated that he wished he had not changed from a girl to a boy. Personally, I would rather they wait until they are in their 20's. The brains of teenagers are not fully developed.

3. Jeanna218 profile image80
    Jeanna218posted 10 months ago

I agree...I wish I could get the mom on board. That is a life changing decision

1. savvydating profile image95
      savvydatingposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Some moms and dads are afraid of disappointing their children in the short term without looking deeply at the long term. Thank you for the vote up.

4. profile image61
    Candy Kingsposted 8 months ago

No. Imagine grown people that have problems due to hormones.Isn't it something hard to control and if they are underage hard to predict if it will have a good or bad effect on them. Especially when they hit puberty can't imagine how it effects them.hmm, need to research, so many questions.If 20 is the age for full developed brain aren't they contradicting many laws there, especially if its a kid you know nothing of their upcoming future or thoughts. When we are still small we say one thing, then when we are fully grown. Its a hard question especially when we cannot fortell the future of the child. But I believe it is a no for health issues.

working