How are the forums better than the question section?

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image34
    bradmasterOCcalposted 6 weeks ago

How are the forums better than the question section?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image34
    bradmasterOCcalposted 6 weeks ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12741323_f260.jpg

The viewers are in low numbers in all areas of the hp. The comments are in the single digits and so many viewers don't even comment. The political and social category next to the religious category is the most frequented areas on hp. And the activity there is dismal.

The forums in that area is not much different in frequency than in the questions section

The hp audience has shrunk significantly in the last year, and the trend continues.

I put a lot a time and details into my questions and comments, and I find it humorless when some people just don't even try to make a serious comment in return.

I don't consider those responses as answers and I admit that I delete many of them. If people don't want to seriously answer, then don't comment at all.

I don't see much difference between the questions and the forums. I like the format better on the questions and if they increased the comment size to match those used in the forums, it would be better than the forum. Those threads make it really difficult for me to follow.

In the political and social category, used the up and down thumb doesn't make sense. This is used by many to just quash opposing view points. And it lowers the hubber score which is a mean joke.

The hubber score doesn't stand for hubber writing quality, it aligns more with the hp bias. The same is true for the hub scores. There is no way that hp can assess the quality of writing other than spelling and maybe grammar. But the true quality of writing is the content that is being written and communicated. But just because there is opposition to those ideas, it should not be a reason to downgrade the writer with a score that is biased.

I have said before, I am not going to use the Forums. I had bad experiences with trolls and I haven't used it since.

As for deletion, I usually offer an author to delete my comment if it doesn't meet their expectations.

I hope that some viewers will comment on my question. I am always looking for another point of view, but it has to be a serious one, not flippant and distracting from the issue.

Thanks

working