More Shadiness From the Campaign Trail

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Valeant profile image86
    Valeantposted 6 years ago

This will not turn out well for the left when it gains traction during midterm season, and it does help to back up reasons to not have voted for Hillary.  Another reason why I hope they investigate her foundation, so obvious how shady she's always been with fundraising.
    http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/24/bom … 4-million/

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This IS where ,as usual, those on the left of the aisle will say ," That's in the past  and you just can't let it go "........Good ole Clinton owned DNC corruption .

2. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This sounds like big news Valeant, but looking for details, (and the article itself), illustrated another point.

If you check out the Google search for the issue - it seems only Right-leaning sources are found. I checked CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, ABC, and none had a single search hit for this story. If this FEC lawsuit story has merit, then that lack of coverage points out another very serious issue.

Even if the story was "fake" news, I would have expected to at least hear that from those sources. Instead, as popularly used; *crickets*

I would not be surprised to find the Republicans also did this, but even so, the lack of coverage is telling.

GA

1. profile image0
        promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well said, GA. You are exactly right.

"The Federalist" is a conservative political organization. Dan Backer, the man who filed the lawsuit, is a founder of a Trump group called the "Committee to Defend the President".

Not surprising that responsible media would ignore it. Even highly conservative newspapers such as the Wall Street Journal, Dallas Morning-News and Chicago Tribune would cover it if it were true.

1. GA Anderson profile image89

I think you might have misinterpreted my point promisem.

First, I do not know if the lawsuit has merit, but my perception - from past readings, is that post-2012, Hillary's campaign did in fact, essentially control the DNC. I believe you could also find sufficient support for that perception - if it interested you. So, with that foundation, and regardless of who initiated the lawsuit, if the articles technical description of the "bundling" and "disbursement" rules are correct, then I am inclined to believe there might be some merit to the suit. But that's just an opinion.

As you noted, of course The Federalist is a Right-leaning source, and as I noted, so were almost all of the reporting sources Google came up with. But my point was, even if the other sources I cited, (CNN etc.), didn't believe there was any merit to the story, I would have at least expected them to debunk it. Especially CNN.

Maybe it's too soon for Snopes to have debunked it, but I am sure there are plenty of other Left-leaning "fact-checkers" that would have jumped on the story by now.

I also mentioned that even though the initial complaint and charges, are leveled against Hillary and the Democrats, (DNC), I hold no doubt that if the Dems were doing it, then the Republicans were too.

As you can see, my point was not about the credibility of the source, but the obvious inference made by its lack of coverage in MSM. Hell, even Alex Jones made MSM headlines, so is it really just a case of it being too much of a nutjob story for the MSM to even acknowledge?

Now don't get too worked-up. These are just 'first-thought' wonderings. I wasn't even familiar with the story before Valeant posted the link. Maybe it is an "Alex Jones-type" piece. But I don't think so.

GA

1. profile image0
            promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'll just say that in my experience the media doesn't have the time or resources to debunk the massive amount of propaganda that is flooding this country.

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think you're right.  The obvious answer is not to print (report) until they CAN verify, but of course that would mean they don't carry the story first or that their "exclusive" disappears. 

It's all about money, and if reporting false propaganda earns readership (and money) then that is what they will do.

2. GA Anderson profile image89
              GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You could be right promisem. We can come back to this story after it percolates for a while.The first indicator might be whether the court dismisses or accepts the suit.

GA

3. Sharlee01 profile image78
      Sharlee01posted 5 years agoin reply to this

It appears this report may be substantiated by Donna Barzile in her book "Hacks". She went into good detail how the scam went down. " Individuals who had maxed out their $2,700 contribution limit to the campaign could write an additional check for $353,400 to the Hillary Victory Fund—that figure represented $10,000 to each of the 32 states’ parties who were part of the Victory Fund agreement—$320,000—and $33,400 to the DNC,” reads a passage from the book. “The money would be deposited in the states first, and transferred to the DNC shortly after that. Money in the battleground states usually stayed in that state, but all the other states funneled that money directly to the DNC, which quickly transferred the money to [Clinton campaign headquarters in] Brooklyn.”   Also I found an article that was posted by  Website "The Center For Public Integrity".  Reference - Hacks Author Donna Brazile. .

The Committee to Defend the President, a political action committee filed the complaint with the FEC, in Dec 2017. I have not been able to obtain any information on the investigation into the claim.  I would imagine Donna Brazile could be sued for defamation by the DNC as well as Hillary Clinton if the report is untrue?  It may be sitting in a file to die at FEC? 

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2017/09 … legal-cash

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

Clinton is dirty. Who knew? For everything negative I could think of about Trump (and, it was a long laundry list) this is indicative of why I could not cast a vote for Hillary.

It's one thing to be without character, and new to the political arena. It's another to be without character and already politically powerful. I felt the amount of damage she could inflict outweighed the amount of damage he could do; considering her unwieldy power and influence,coupled with a lack of respect for laws governing her behavior.

Hopefully, Democratic eyes will open. I don't hold much faith in that happening.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

Hillary Clinton was the only candidate Trump ever could have beaten.  The hatred for her has raged for a generation, mostly people who couldn't stand the idea of "an uppity woman."  It also helped that we have a system where a candidate can win by three million votes but still not get elected.  We might look into that before some crazy person ends up in the Oval Office.  Ooops!  Too late.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

As an 'uppity' woman who hates Hillary I can assure you it was much more than that.

2. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

".......Uppity woman..........."  I thought uppity was Carly Firorina in a way although I would have voted her in in a minute  , using that term for those who dislike everything about Hillary would be like calling  Lenin just a friendly little Ruskie  .

4. Valeant profile image86
    Valeantposted 6 years ago

GA, this showed up in my liberal leaning news services.  I didn't go to the Federalist to find it.  So not entirely crickets.

1. GA Anderson profile image89

Gotcha. And I understand your point. As I mentioned to promisem, my first exposure to this was your OP. My only effort to understand it was a Google search - which I described. (and a reading of your link and its link to the actual suit of course)

The charges of the article seem probable to me - based on my perceptions from past readings, so I didn't automatically reject them as fake news. Which means either I am wrong, and this issue is just a partisan wind, or I am right in wondering why none of the MSM outlets I mentioned had any stories about it. By that I mean a search-term search of their sites returned no hits.

Where did your feed come from, maybe my search was too shallow and I missed something?

GA

5. Valeant profile image86
    Valeantposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14015281.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)