Cohen Admits Collusing With Democrats

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 5 years ago

Seems that Mr. Cohen made things worse for himself and the Democrats today by debunking multiple aspects of the whole Mueller Investigation plus he admitted to discussing his testimony with Schiff and Cummings before the hearing today.  Sounds to me like that’s illegal, but I’m not a lawyer.

Thoughts on today’s theatrics?

1. profile image0
      promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I didn't hear him debunk anything about Mueller. Nor is talking to members of Congress illegal. It's free speech under the Constitution.

The Democrats were low key and Republicans were inflammatory. Likely a strategy for both sides.

Most of Cohen's testimony was a character assassination against Trump. We'll see if the experts think he did any real damage.

2. tsadjatko profile image65
      tsadjatkoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The Democrats are crazy examining Michael Cohen in Washington at the same moment as President Donald Trump confronts Kim Jung Un in Vietnam. They are creating a two-rink spectacle.

In the first rink, we see the Democrats probing the details of Cohen’s role in the various pseudo-scandals involving Trump. In the second rink, we see the president negotiating to stop a potential nuclear war with our most threatening adversary: Kim Jung Un.

The juxtaposition of these two events shows the priorities of the two parties: The Democrats want to get Trump. The president concentrates on protecting the country!

Which one do you think people are going to applaud?

3. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is not "colusing" RJ. I don't see anything nefarious about pre-hearing discussions about what would be discussed.

GA

4. Ken Burgess profile image77
      Ken Burgessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Its a dog and pony show... it always has been, I would say Cohen is a fool, but considering some of the individuals that now infest Congress, he actually looks competent in comparison... tells you the sad state our government is in.

Cohen's testimony is worthless, he is under duress, has back tracked on just about everything he has ever said at one point or another, and he has implicated himself in wrongdoing and criminal activity making him less than a stellar character.

We knew this was coming two years ago... the people who despise Trump (just about everyone and everything tied to D.C. Politics) are out to destroy him, they could care less what he is or isn't guilty of.

And the media has been on a character assassination attempt for two years in support of their efforts to destroy the people's faith in him... but that isn't going to happen, as they are finding out in one poll after another, unless they tank the American economy, and if they do that right now, the rest of the world will follow... and then, Trump will be the least of everyone's problems.

2. tsadjatko profile image65
    tsadjatkoposted 5 years ago

Yeah, and he lied again before congress which is what he was convicted of that got him a three year prison sentence to start - I wonder if he'll be prosecuted for lying again to congress?

Even CNN says he lied again!!!

https://youtu.be/uIorq2OASi0

3. ginosblog profile image62
    ginosblogposted 5 years ago

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEONE WAS NOT PUT IN PLACE THAT WOULD HAVE KEPT MUELLER ON THE RIGHT TRACK (BY THE REPUBLICANS OTHER THAN RYAN'S MISDEEDS) AND BETWEEN HIM AND ROSENSTEIN CONCOCTING THIS FARCE OF A WITCH HUNT LOOKING FOR CRIME AND NOT INVESTIGATING CRIME THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN YEARS AGO! THE PEOPLE BEHIND THIS DOG AND PONY SHOW SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR EMBRACING A COUP AGAINST THE PRESIDENT AS OPENLY AS IT HAS BEEN FROM THE 1ST DAY.

1. tsadjatko profile image65

So right!

GOP reps refer Michael Cohen to DOJ for alleged perjury during hearing but I guess the loonies will say because Fox news is reporting it isn't true?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-re … ng-hearing

1. Valeant profile image85
        Valeantposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Considering they debunked Meadows' claim of foreign entities in the hearing, where the form said specifically with foreign governments, I doubt those requests made by him or Jordan (the guy who ignored the sexual abuse claims of students in his charge) will have much merit.

1. tsadjatko profile image65

Lol none of your usual spin has anything to do with the obvious fact revealed in detail in documented testimony and papers from the investigation of Cohen and "that Mr. Cohen’s testimony before the Committee at times was in direct contradiction to assertions contained in pleadings authored by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York (SDNY.) There are other instances in which Mr. Cohen’s statements to the Committee were immediately contradicted by witnesses with firsthand knowledge of the subject matter.”

You really should read the whole Fox article so you'd know that your comments only demonstrate how uninformed and "loonie" your spin is!

I watched the entirety of the hearing, as I like to get my information firsthand when possible and not from an entertainment channel like Fox.  It's why I can give you the factual rebuttal to Meadows' incorrect assertion about what he claimed was on the form pertaining to foreign government contracts he presented.  He was fact-checked mid-hearing by the opposition party and made to look like the clown that he was for completely misinterpreting the issue to try and make Cohen look untruthful.

Now those lovely videos of Meadows telling a campaign crowd that he was going to send Obama back to Kenya before the 2012 election are resurfacing.  Those claims about using a black woman as a prop was a racist act might have been on point looking back at his history of racially inflammatory statements.

https://hubstatic.com/14434447.jpg

2. profile image0
        promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They want to charge him with perjury in part because they said he "expected" to get a White House job.

He replied he "didn't want" a White House job.

Pretty damning example of perjury.  wink

Saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears.

4. Valeant profile image85
    Valeantposted 5 years ago

On the positive front, we have someone to balance out Jake in terms of extreme party views.

What Wednesday's hearing did was hopefully illustrate the multiple crimes Donald Trump committed to get elected:
    1.)  Campaign Finance Felony (payments to Daniels, McDougal)
    2.)  Illegally used funds earmarked for charity to enrich himself and aid his campaign.

And Ken is right, that hearing illustrated which party could care less what he is or isn't guilty of.  Problem is, Ken is part of that party and they continue to put party over country, especially in regards to the rule of law.

https://hubstatic.com/14432050.jpg

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
      JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Valeant, I wouldn't characterize my views as EXTREME, as a matter of fact the overwhelming MAJORITY of Americans want the same things I do and here's some of what I and Progressive Democrats stand for: Everyone around here who reads my comments knows I'm advocating for the following:

* Impeachment / Indictment of the most corrupt and Destructive impostor President in History
      * Health-Care for ALL Americans
      * Minimum Wage RAISED for ALL Working Americans
      * Protection and Enhancement of Social Security for ALL Senior Citizens
      * The "Green Deal" or Similar to SAVE our ONLY Habitable Planet

Bozo Trump and his Communist Russian Republicans in Congress are fighting mightily for the EXACT Opposite which makes them the party of ANTI-American Values:

1. Ken Burgess profile image77
        Ken Burgessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah....

Don't forget Housing for all, free College, and free Streaming services.

Once they make Housing and Healthcare a 'right', and Social Security & Welfare a guarantee... I'll be happy to live off the freebies, and my kids as well... you can bet I will stop working.

So go for it brother, I'll be the first one to get all those freebies, I'll have myself declared disabled and make sure I'm at the front of the line.

5. tsadjatko profile image65

So you watched it? And your take is that Cohen didn't lie again? Well that's exactly what I'd expect from a person Inflicted with TDS.

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
      JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What are people inflicted with if they still believe this pathetic pathological liar? "TWD" "Trump Worship Disorder" ??

Just remember, Michael Cohen was under oath, Donald isn't and he could care less:

"President Trump made 8,158 false or misleading claims in his first two years"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … 6d365dd20c

2. Valeant profile image85

So you don't believe Trump committed crimes to get elected?  The audio of him directing Cohen to make the illegal payments on his behalf or illegally using charity money to aid his campaign are two already proven examples of his crimes committed.  If wanting criminals in jail as opposed to the Oval Office is TDS in your eyes, I'm not sure your opinion counts for much.

6. tsadjatko profile image65

Trump is not the topic here and I said nothing to bring him up! But that is typical of you, ignore the facts and change the subject, a good example of your Looney logic.

Cohen repeatedly shrugged off GOP suggestions that he had an ax to grind with President Trump because he was denied a White House job. And in doing so, he flatly denied having wanted to work there.

Even at the time, it seemed like a problematic answer. Multiple reports from 2018 — including from The Washington Post and the New York Times — indicated that Cohen had wanted a job and had been frustrated that it hadn’t materialized. Federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York, meanwhile, have said in court documents that Cohen “privately told friends and colleagues, including in seized text messages, that he expected to be given a prominent role and title in the new administration.”

And now a CNN clip has surfaced from Nov. 10, 2016 — shortly after Trump won the election — in which Cohen said he hoped Trump would offer him a job and that he would “100 percent” take it if offered.

CUOMO: If you were asked, you’d be on the political side, not the governmental side, right?

COHEN: It would depend on the role that they’re asking me to play. It has to be a role that I feel comfortable with.

CUOMO: Is there a chance?

COHEN: That’s he’ll ask me to go to Washington?

CUOMO: Oh, there’s absolutely a chance he’s going to ask you to go.

COHEN: Oh, I certainly hope so.

CUOMO: Would you go?

COHEN: Hundred percent.

Cohen’s denials at Wednesday’s hearing were pretty unequivocal. When Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) said, “You wanted to work in the White House,” Cohen cut in and said, “No, sir,” and, “I did not want to go to the White House.” When Rep. Michael Cloud (R-Tex.) revisited the topic later, Cohen again said, “I did not want to go to the White House.”

Trump attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani argued Friday that it was about the most “provable perjury I’d ever seen.”

I suppose you think he lied again to congress because Trump told him to.

So let's summarize that conversation...

Cuomo asks a hypothetical that Cohen might be offered a role with Trump.
      Cohen says it has to be a role he is comfortable with.  (So that's not exactly him begging for a job.)
      Cohen says there's a chance Trump takes him (his personal attorney) with him to Washington.
      Cuomo confirms it is likely.
      Cohen says he'd enjoy going to Washington with his boss.

That doesn't sound like much at all.  It sounds like they were discussing hypothetical scenarios.  If that's your hard evidence that Cohen wanted a job in the administration, I think you're really reaching to fit a narrative, just like Meadows was with that government form.

And expecting to be given something is not the same as wanting it.  I might have been expecting a big tax refund this year.  Doesn't mean I necessarily wanted it.  I could still be disappointed when it wasn't what I was expecting.

I do like that you quoted Guiliani though, how many statements has that guy needed to retract so far?  He's got as much credibility as Sanders-Huckabee at this point.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)