jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Perhaps the Government Should Hire 2nd Graders?

1. MikeNV profile image81
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

How hard is it to count?  Apparently it's pretty hard. Most 2nd Graders are pretty good at counting, but apparently "Congressional Econimists" are not.

"WASHINGTON – The economic stimulus law added between 1 million to 2.1 million workers to employment rolls by the end of last year, a new report released Tuesday by congressional economists said."

So which is it?  A 1.1 million job discrepancy.

And people think the Government can manage Health Care?

Congressional Economist?

2. profile image0
    Denno66posted 7 years ago

Don't like the way Governament is run? Run for office yourself.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You mean we can't bitch? Our only alternative to incompetent politicians is to run for office ourselves?

Nah, I'll just bitch!

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sure, you can bitch; I never said you can't, but, hey, bitching doesn't get you closer to ground zero is all I'm saying...

1. profile image0

I respectfully disagree!

1. profile image0

I think the entire system is broken, myself. There is no way to repair it at this point in history. I merely state that in order to really know what's going, you have to be on the inside. I wouldn't run for office if someone was holding a gun to my head, quite honestly.

1. profile image0

I have a theory about term limits, matter of fact if you read the Vince Flynn novel of the same name you may understand how term limits can be quite effective!

1. profile image0

That is a steak I can sink my teeth into! Two terms for Senators, and three for Representatives sounds good.

1. profile image0

I think you should google Vince Flynn and termlimits to get my meaning.

3. MikeNV profile image81
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

How is my running for office relevant to an inability to be accountable to the people?

1. profile image0

Don't knock something you yourself have not tried.

2. pylos26 profile image79
      pylos26posted 7 years agoin reply to this

To repair the inability to be accountable to the people. Wouldn't one think?

4. Ohma profile image76
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

at least I can send my grade school aged children to the store with a list and a 10 dollar bill and get the correct change back.

working