WHAT IS WRONG WITH SENATOR HILLARY CLINTON

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (19 posts)
  1. NicoleforObama profile image59
    NicoleforObamaposted 16 years ago

Senator Clinton and the Clinton machine keeps going and going and going....If senator Clinton is holding out to become VP, Obama should not leave his drink behind if she is the only person in that room. I am ashamed to be a woman. We are stronger and better than this. I was all for the first woman president until this has happened. We lost. Obama won so move on for the sake of the party. When will we move forward from the same old good old boys politics...America and Americans need help...We don't need to be misled or spun for the sake of the game..there is a way to lose with dignity and that is shaking hands and moving forward to winning back the white house. When Will The Bleeding Stop....

2. jormins profile image59
    jorminsposted 16 years ago

Some think she is trying to set up another run in 2012.  Damage Obama enough and McCain wins.  Obama will be pegged as a loser (as Dem's seem to do with their candidates who win the nom but don't make it to the White House) and Clinton at age 64 will come in and say I told you so to the voters provided McCain does not get things moving in the right direction.  I'm hoping she bows out after a win in West Virginia but you never know with the Clintons.

3. William F. Torpey profile image70
    William F. Torpeyposted 16 years ago

I voted for Obama in the New York primary, but I haven't been committed for either Obama or Hillary Clinton -- until now. After hearing Hillary play the race card this week, and after listening to her pandering with the gasoline tax proposal, I have decided to fully support Obama. Hillary's health care proposal, which continues to give the pharmaceutical companies a big role, turned me off long ago.

But I don't hold her unwillingness to quit the race against her. She has a perfect right to stay to the bitter end. Also, I'm not convinced that the squabbling between Obama and Hillary will hurt Obama's chances in the election. When Election Day arrives, anyone who votes for John McCain doesn't have his head on right anyway. Only diehard Republicans could support a guy who still thinks George W. Bush is doing the right thing. There will be plenty of time after the Democratic Convention to turn our attention to McCain. In fact, I remember the Democratic conventions of the 1940's, 50's and 60's. They were exciting, and, I believe, were not the cause of any Democratic losses.

4. SweetiePie profile image79
    SweetiePieposted 16 years ago

I think at this point Obama is the clear winner.  However, Whoopi Goldberg made a good point on The View today and I always enjoy her opinion as she has quite a bit of common sense.  She said that even though people may not like that Hillary plods on, even a losing team in a football game would not quit if they were losing, so do not expect her to quit because many think she should.  I think Obama is a strong enough candidate that Clinton staying in the race will not effect him or the Democratic party.  Obama is focusing on debates with McCain and I think that speaks all for itself.

5. thecounterpunch profile image59
    thecounterpunchposted 16 years ago

Unfortunately it doesn't matter that it is Clinton, Obama or Macain. The proof is Obama has "chosen" Brzezinski in February 2008 as National Security Advisor or rather Brzezinski has chosen Obama in September 2007 see my post "Obama chose Brzezinski : is he ignorant, naive or forced to do so ?".

In case you don't know who Brzezinski is ... he's the worst neo-cons-fascist who is ever still being alive and who has infiltrated the left (after being Bush's Sr National Security Advisor).

6. crashcromwell profile image68
    crashcromwellposted 16 years ago

When I used to run for political office when I was single, I was always taught that you should run every race as if you are 10 votes behind. In that regard, you take nothing for granted and put your best foot forward.

I don't think Hillary Clinton is wrong for holding out for every last vote, and I also don't believe her presence is hurting Obama. But I do think that she's lost and if she thinks she hasn't, something is seriously wrong in Camp Clinton.

I still believe, and Senator Feinstein I believe just spoke on this subject, that the best thing for Obama to do is to appoint Clinton as his running mate. As long as he does a credible job as president for eight years, that sets up Clinton to run when his two terms are done, and we may have a fighting chance at making some lasting inroads into the White House for a change.

7. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 16 years ago

There is the theory that Hilary hanging ever on is a bid for Vice. The Clintons as Vice I believe might help Obama get elected, but would be terrible for him as president. It would mean the DNC and the oligarchy in the White House. Course the latter may own it anyway, as Counterpunch suggests.

1. Crash Jones profile image60
      Crash Jonesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Heh, I read a column that Hillary should try making a deal with Obama to become a Supreme Court nominee in exchange for dropping out of the race.

I think Hillary has no intention of ever being VP. Why? Because there's always 2012, and she's continued to show her "high" opinion Obama ... and continues to say he has almost no shot against McCain (without coming straight out and saying it, of course).

No, I think she wants to be the woman who would have won if Democrats ran their primary like Republicans; the woman who held out for all the people who believe in her. She'll go back to the Senate and continue to gain power. If McCain is elected, she'll be primed and waiting for 2012. If Obama wins, she'll be majorly strong in Congress.

8. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 16 years ago

Hillary is a shadow of bill. Where as Obama is original
    It is difficult for an woman to win in a male dominating society.
    Hilary has a celebrity status, that puts her far from the people. People feel Obama is closer to them.
    Hilary as a vice certainly help Obama win. Obama and hilary can have a deal now.
    Jyoti

9. knolyourself profile image60

One theory is a good as another, no doubt. Don't think Hillary has ever been a Senator, rather always a presidential candidate. Every act to that end, which is why she came in 2nd.

1. Crash Jones profile image60
      Crash Jonesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I agree ... I wonder if she has been humbled by voters or if she's in a rage over their refusal to see her as the "better candidate."

10. profile image50
    Dustywindsposted 16 years ago

What is the difference between Obama and Clinton, one is black and the other a woman. Other than that they are exactly the same person.

Why do Americans hate Hillary?  From this side of the border, I don't see either one with any real answers, nor different ideas.  They are both making promises they have no intentions of keeping.  And it is scary to see how people are simply drawn to him for his youth and good looks.   I have not seen anyone say anything about how well he served his state. 

Isn't that were you should look first not how pretty is and he is, and he is pretty. After all the dixie chicks on the View say so, WHAT a dumb show.

I could not believe how giddy and flirty that silly Joy B.,big_smile was acting it was gross to watch.   "are you related to brad pit'  "by 9th cousin removed' 

If that is the case then I can claim Kiefer Sutherland as a relative, but I don't think having a great aunt  in common allows that   DUH!

Hillary has every right to finish the race.  Plus it puts the pressure on Obama to prove he is the best person for the job.   smile

11. SweetiePie profile image79

We can all theorize away, but no one will really know until Hillary decides to bow out of the race, or until Barack is officially nominated at the Convention.  Also, I think everyone should read BBC.com and cnn.com for information about the election because allegations and using the word ignorant are not appropriate.  Just my opinion.

12. knolyourself profile image60

CNN is a propaganda organ. Anyway it's fun to speculate,
    or should we have nothing to say and stay off these forums.

1. SweetiePie profile image79
      SweetiePieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Not everything is on cnn is propaganda, and by reading new articles we learn to discern what is truth and what is opinion.  Also, the bbc is one of the best news sites we can read on the web for non-biased and informative news.  People can speculate, I just prefer not to myself.  However, do as you wish.  By the way, I was not referring to you with this post.  I was referring to the use of the word ignorant earlier in the thread.  I just think people throw that word around to much.  No one is perfectly knowledgable about anything, so we really must stop using that word.

13. knolyourself profile image60

'By the way, I was not referring to you with this post.' Didn't think you were. Personally I love a good theory, like conspiricy theories. Don't even care if they are right or wrong. It's gonna give you insight that you would otherwise not obtain.

14. SweetiePie profile image79

I am glad you enjoy it then.  I guess myself I am interested in reading about politics daily, but when they go into long procastinations I usually end up turning the channel.  You should write some hubs on political theories because I think these would get lots of traffic during the election.

15. knolyourself profile image60

Did a concentrated study and wrote politics for 5 years, before coming over here. Was lots of fun. Don't get much traffic - the kind of stuff I write, whether poliitics or whatever. But thanks for the suggestion. Actually the real information is not found in the news, but in web only opinion.

16. crashcromwell profile image68
    crashcromwellposted 16 years ago

You know, the interesting thing about this is that it is not a case where the establishment candidate steamrolled the opposition. It's quite the opposite. The Clintons were the Democratic establishment and the people have essentially said they want to go in a different direction by choosing Obama. The bottom line is that this was Hillary Clinton's race to lose and she lost it.

It's an intriguing thought to have Hillary on the Supreme Court. You may find many Senators lining up to confirm her because it would effectively remove the Clintons from seeking the Presidency, unless Chelsea does one day, which I highly doubt.

Still, my money is on Hillary as the Veep. She's earned a right to be on the ticket in some capacity, and it will give her a higher platform to advance the issues she cares about, and it makes her the odds on favorite to be the next nominee once Obama's done.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)