jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

When Will You Get Caught?

1. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

U.S. Marshals Task Force Ends Fugitive's 19 Year Flight from Justice

August 05, 2010 - Yesterday turned out to be the day that luck ran out for long time fugitive Leslie “Lucky” Johnson, wanted on a federal arrest warrant for failure to surrender to the Bureau of Prisons stemming from his 1991 federal drug case conviction. Johnson, age 52, was apprehended near Pittsburgh, PA by the U.S. Marshals Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force with the assistance of the U.S. Marshals Western Pennsylvania Fugitive Task Force after 19 long years on the run.

1. Chaotic Chica profile image73
      Chaotic Chicaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It may take time but most people get caught eventually.  I'm curious to know, how did they find him?  I always get a kick out of that part because it's almost always the result of some cocky, careless slip-up.

2. leeberttea profile image54
    leebertteaposted 7 years ago

Should anyone go to prison for that?

3. I am DB Cooper profile image60
    I am DB Cooperposted 7 years ago

Sometimes running from the law can be a prison of its own. Chances are this man did not enjoy the past 19 years as much as a truly free person would.

4. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

dont know how they caught him but last week a serial killer was caught on FACEBOOK when he befriended the daughter of one of the women he killed sad

5. ahorseback profile image78
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Anyone has to be a litle simple to think , if they broke a law or laws and are convicted, that they won't get caught for running ? This is  2010 isn't it?.

1. leeberttea profile image54
      leebertteaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Really? Osama Bin Laden is still running free.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image81
        Garrett Mickleyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Haven't you heard?

9/11 was an inside job.

>_<

2. ahorseback profile image78
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Osama is another story, all together. In country though? Only the ineptitude of law enforcement allows people to stay on the lam for long, although  with all the high tec stuff  you would think they would not be able to.

6. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

I’m not worried, as long as I don’t leave fingerprints on the scotch bottle I’m good.

7. Garrett Mickley profile image81
    Garrett Mickleyposted 7 years ago

I'm the gingerbread man.

No once can catch me.

8. mainstreetcm profile image61
    mainstreetcmposted 7 years ago

Not that I completely understand the law and such, but I thought that after 7 years any charges brought against you were dropped, with the exception of murder?

Statue of limitations or something like that.

1. ahorseback profile image78
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Statuate of limitatons varies from state to state and law to law, murder for instance has no limitations in time in some states, seven years ,  never heard that one though....

9. Flightkeeper profile image74
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

He's been running for 19 years and now he's 52, I guess that means he'll die in the slammer.

working