To the people of Japan... we're with you!

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image0
    andycoolposted 13 years ago

Japan is going through a severe disaster of natural calamities and nuclear radiation. The earthquake and tsunami took several lives and the nuclear radiation from various nuke plants may result in serious health threat to the people who are there in Japan. We should be deeply concerned here at HubPages by sharing our thoughts with the people living in Japan... and hence trying to share their moments of grief and uncertainty.

You're welcome to leave a comment for the people living in Japan. Please show you're with them. Thanks!

2. AnnCee profile image67
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

I  heard on CNN last night that many people when greeting eachother in Japan are saying something like "Gom Badi Mas" rather than "kinichiwa."

The greeting means something like, we are in this together.

Haven't been able to find the greeting online.   

Maybe someone here knows Japanese?

1. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

kinichiwa means " good afternoon " kwanbanwa means " good evening "

2. profile image49
      ShortStoryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be 'ganbarimasho' rather than 'konichiwa.'

Good evening would be 'konbanwa.'

3. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

i think we should stop building those f* nuclear plants unless we want to bring all humanity to extinction. It's enough disaster without nuclear being unleashed. Hopefully it will be a warning to all nations. Nuclear = clean energy = b* sh*t.
    Do we have anybody here from Japan? How do they cope?

4. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

I have a friend returning from Japan today.  Poor thing she went for a holiday, and fortunately has lived to tell the tale, but has returned a month early as she is pregnant, and so worried about the radiation..... fortunately they went to visit friends first before they flew into where the earthquake struck.  She is Japanese, and says we are hearing more about what is going on out there, than the rest of Japan.

5. profile image0

Radiation is the worst, you don't see it, you don't feel it and already Far East Russia claims it is up!

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Iraq will have to deal with radiation from bombs for decades, it will be the same for Japan also.

1. profile image0
        khmohsinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Iraq deal with radiation from bombs for decades, it will not the same for Japan because in Iraq there was not any Earthquake But   here is different situation.People of both countries are innocent but understand the difference that they are facing.

Since not one Iraqi person has proven to attack, not one American on American soil. Yes Japanese people from this nuclear plant now and Iraqi people are both innocent.

“Cancer, Infant Mortality and Birth Sex-Ratio in Fallujah, Iraq 2005–2009,” the people of Fallujah are experiencing higher rates of cancer, leukemia, infant mortality, and sexual mutations than those recorded among survivors in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the years after those Japanese cities were incinerated by US atomic bomb strikes in 1945.

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

when I did a chemistry degree years ago, the paper I hated most was radioisotopes - I hated that couldn't see the radiation in miniscule amounts used & that it could be doing invisible damage.  Would hate to be trying to deal with tonnes of the stuff.

6. profile image0

At least they had experience with it in Hiroshima and Nagasaki at the end of the II World War. In Chernobyl the authorities did not even tell everybody on time. A lot of people were exposed needlessly.

''Gross'' human error for the Chernobyl, accident

Japon has been human error and nature accident could end up worst than Chernobyl,

7. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

The images of this disaster become worse every day and our thoughts are with the Japanese people. It is hard to imagine how they will recover from such a disaster, especially the nuclear problem.

We all need to take better care of our World.

1. profile image0
      andycoolposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, indeed! We all need to take better care of our World. Nuke radiation is of course bad but the common Japanese people are only innocent victims of such a horrible disaster! We pray to the Almighty for their well being and health safety.

8. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

All the calamity that is happening in Japan is just heartbreaking. I have already sent some of my funds and I will continue to send my prayers. I love their culture and I have a Japanese language school by where I work and they have become my friends. They are lovely people .

9. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12755739
    staff withdrawn now. God help those lads and lassies. They have put their neck out, did all they could, to try and stop a meltdown. they have almost certainly put their own lives n the line.

The horror in Japan deepens...

My heart goes out to each and every one of them.

10. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I know my words (or anyone's words, for that matter) don't mean a whole lot in the scheme of the horror and heartbreak that's going on in Japan; but I don't think I know one person who isn't completely saddened and horrified by all that has gone on, and that continues to go on.  It seems so hollow to say, "hearts go out to each and every person going through this," - but it's true.

To Hubbers with family or friends in Japan, you're being thought of by so many people around the world too (but there's so little anyone can do, other than send donations).

http://www.unicefusa.org/news/releases/ … 5Qod3Uyj9g

1. profile image0
      andycoolposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot Lisa HW for providing the link. If someone wishes to send any donations please follow the link. God bless you!

11. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

This is really sad with Japanese But we all with them.

12. profile image0
    JASON NICHOLSposted 13 years ago

First of all we all know that Japan is a place where most often earthquakes occour. Then why to build a nuclear power plant there? Now whatever has occoured has occoured. PEOPLE OF JAPAN WE ARE WITH YOU.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

'Then why to build a nuclear power plant there? '
      Good question. Why build nuclear power plants AT ALL? They are dangerous as hell! You cannot predict any possible disaster. The disposals of power plants activities will be poisoning our planet for ages(centuries?) Only human brain can invent something smart and so stupid at the same time!
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioactive_waste
      Just really  think about it. How bad it really is.

13. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

This is really heartbreaking news "Death toll from Japan's earthquake and tsunami reaches 10,035 people, with 17,443 still missing, national police say". CNN breaking news...

14. brennawelker profile image58
    brennawelkerposted 13 years ago

I feel sympathy to the people of Japan who lost their love ones.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)