casey anthony did not do it

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Live Life Loving profile image56
    Live Life Lovingposted 12 years ago

Last time I checked there were not witnesses to this alleged murder, homicide, manslaughter accidental drowning whatever you want to call it. Everyone is angry because Casey did not get the death penalty however unless you can DEFINITIVELY say that she did it you just need to accept the verdict and move on with your life. And if you can say that she did it then she needed to get off because you did not step up to report you seen her kill her daughter. I understand she may not have displayed remorse (in your opinion) and she lied to the police however, everyone deals with emotions different. This is another problem with out society: everyone is so upset now but in a year or so everyone will forget and let her come out with a book or magazine or in a movie or something people are still going to buy it. Worry about things that matter that has an effect on society as a whole not just 1 person. And in closing I would like to say to little Kaleigh rest in peace baby girl although your life here was short you will live on forever.

1. profile image0
      Travis_S_Musicposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Decoding all of this was a little...bothersome. All I get from it is that you say you "know" she "didn't do it" because she was let off. That does NOT make her not guilty. I believe there was enough evidence, maybe not physical, but enough there from how she reacted to everything. People keep throwing out "well everyone deals with things differently." Well if that's the case, this whole thing would not be so rare. It would be quite common. Saying that everyone deals with things differently in such a case is a very poor excuse. The first thing any REAL parent would do when they find out their child is missing go as follows:
      1.Check all known areas the child tends to be in or around the house.
      2. Check with neighbors, friends, family, etc.
      3. If within a few hours they can not find their child, they would contact the appropriate authorities.
      I have yet to hear of a parent "searching for a month for their child on their own, because they couldn't handle the trauma emotionally enough to call the police." That does not make the least bit of sense. The whole thing is B.S. and I find it very disappointing that a jury can not call that out when anyone with a LITTLE common sense can see it.

1. Live Life Loving profile image56
        Live Life Lovingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am not saying that I know she did not do it. I am saying I was not there to see her do it whther I think does not matter. I am also saying all of the people who are upset because she was found not guilty shouldnt be upset because they can not 100% say she did it and if they can then they should be in jail for abstructing justice in not reporting a crime they seen take place. Following any "REAL" parent is a subject phrase as what you may think is real may not be considered real to another. That is the usual response yes however just because she didn't fall into that mold doesnt mean she did it. Finally, I live in america and by living here I support our justice system and within our system she is not guilty and I am fine with that verdict. There is no need to be angry because I THINK she is guilty.

1. profile image0

Sadly it's not against the law to not report a crime, so no they can not go to jail for that. It is not obstruction of justice, it is minding your own business. In america we are allowed the freedom to ignore crimes happening. I guess it really doesn't matter, she would have died in jail, and I wouldn't be surprised if people go after her when she is released.

2. lovemychris profile image74
      lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are exactly right. Beyond a Reasonable Doubt is the standard.
      Too bad it's not lived up to more.

People are reactionary and unthinking. That is the problem.
      So glad this jury wasn't.

3. Beth Godwin profile image68
      Beth Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are very few murders where people see the murderer actually commit the murder.  The drowning story was so unbeliveable I thought the defense laywer was crazy.  Turns out it was just the jury. People don't put duck tape on a child the way it was done if a child drowns. Nor do they cover it up. She didn't even suggest someone else murdered the child but that she drown. Her father had no motive to cover up a drowning.  Who else put the child in the truck of her car?  She had the keys. I doubt her father would have placed the child in HER car and left it there till it stunk before dumping it in a swamp. Chloroform on HER computer, what was it, 89 searchs? Chloroform in the trunk and tire wells.  Why would chloroform even be in her car if the child drown? DUH??? Her lawyers admitted she was a huge liar so why would they believe she had ever been molested by her own father?  No proof there.  Shame Shame .  Had her parents been involved in a cover up they would never have called police to report the stench of death in her car when she was not able to produce the child.  They would have never mentioned she was missing.  The fake nanny. Zanny Nanny, like in using Zanex to drug the child so she could party most likely.  The photos of her partying while her child was rotting in her car is unexcusable.  The evidence was circumstanial but enough for me in it's totality.  I don't see how those jurors can sleep at night. Scott Peterson was convicted for far less evidence.  Not that I think he was innocent.

4. Beth Godwin profile image68

I think everyone should just ask themselves if that had been YOUR child or grandchild how would you feel after hearing the evidence and the jury set them free. Anyone on this forum who can honestly say they would think it was OK, speak up!

5. HattieMattieMae profile image61
      HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think that if any of us were on trial whether we lied or not there would have to be physical evidence to prove we were guilty. I know the saying goes,  no reasonable doubt that she is guilty. Although it sounds easy to agree with people she may be a liar, she was either very clever, or someone else had killed the little girl. Either way someone botched up something in evidence or there wasn't any. It's hard to say someone is guilty without witnesses and evidence on the body, or around the scene, or some kind of reciepts, her buying stuff on camera, or something tieing her too the incident. Even if she was at a gas station on camera with her, some how there is nothing tieing her too it, or someone is withholding the information. It's sad, but so many people are usually on death row, and proven innocent later and another person found guilty of the same crime. So how we can really judge her just because she is a liar. There is lots of liars out there and even been falsely accused because simply they fit the bill and were liars.

1. Beth Godwin profile image68

I think that the evidence that proved the child was in her car post mortum ties her to the crime. She was the only person with the car and she had the keys. She rode around approxamatly five days with the child in the trunk after death according to the smell and post mortum hair loss.  She didn't notice that? As well as the presence of chlorform in her trunk along with the numerous searchs for the subject on her computer. Not to mention the duck tape on the childs mouth and nose. I am not sure it was an intentional murder.  I wonder if she was chloroforming the child and putting her in the trunk while partying.  It was hot in June and a child could die of heat stroke.  The duck tape would insure if the chloroform wore off she could not be heard. She would have panicked and covered it up.   Her story does not make sense.  I am a former investigator and it stinks to high heaven.  They should have found her guilty on the counts of manslaughter and child neglect at any rate.  She would not have been sentanced to death for those charges but she wouldn't have gotten off scott free.

2. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

I don't know pretty much anything about this case, but I would like to say this. 

We have to let the justice system work the way it was intended and as far as we know it did. 

But to the OP, like you said we were not there and are not witnesses, so Your original Title.

Casey Anthony did not do it! How do you know did you see who did?

She was aquited because of lack of evidence. So there was reasonable doubt. That does not mean that she didn't do it, it only means that the prosecution didn't have enough evidence to remove all doubt.

However she may not have done it, see, the only one who knows is Casey.

1. profile image0
      Carliismiles<3posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, and it's Caylee not Kaleigh

2. Live Life Loving profile image56
      Live Life Lovingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok so maybe I should change the title however, I was trying to say she was found not guilty. And i todays world where, technology can work wonders and DNA is readily available I think since they didnt find any speaks a lot towards the defense. I just want people to stop being angry and worry about things that matter.

1. profile image0

This is something that matters. Whether it's relevent in your life or not, so what. It's about having a justice system that isn't more broken than it already is. And if you read the reports, the body was to messed up for them to be able to gain much evidence at all from it. It's not THAT easy. Technology isn't that great yet.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
          uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This speaks to the prosecutions failure to make their case.  Seeking the death penalty increases the level of complexity and difficulty of gaining a conviction.  The lack of strong physical evidence helped but so did the idea of capital punishment. 

Prosecutors frequently over reach.  In the Rodney King beating case the prosecution went with attempted murder when they would likely have won a conviction if they had gone with aggravated assault thus staving off the subsequent riots.

3. galleryofgrace profile image71
    galleryofgraceposted 12 years ago

Ask any Judge-  "Acquitted" means : We know you're guilty but we can't prove it." It's that simple.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not Proven "Guilty"

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60
      uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, no, no.  A trial is about gulty and not guilty. Guilty is a product of the procecution doing a better job convincing the jury that the accused is the best candidate for the crime.  One is always innocent unless convicted and only then.  Acquited merely means the prosecution failed to convince the jury.

If the prosecution in this case had asked for manslaughter instead of capital murder she would probably been convicted.  Seeking first degree murder asks the jury to vote to end someone's life.  The standard for that verdict may on paper be the same but inside jury psychology it is very different.

I agree with your statement that she might have been conviced on the lesser charges.  The Procescution failed to develop the case to address those issues.  Nor did they do a good job picking a jury.  One of the counts with which she was charged was child neglect.  The prosecution was so focused on getting her convicted for 1st degree murder they did not develop or pursue the child neglect or lesser charges.  Caylee was in her care at the time of her death. Where was Casey when she died? Not watching her 2 year old for sure.  Her neglect caused the death of the child, and the facts of this issue should have been addressed.  Where was Caylee when she out partying?  She admitted the nanny was made up. I would have like to have heard this part of the story.

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

If we know they are guilty why waste time with a trial. Just put them Gitmo.

5. TMMason profile image59
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

You all see them retards and idiots threatening the jury and her family?

What a bunch of morons. And it is the whole country... facebook... youtube... myspace... and everywhere else. WTF am I missing?

This country is screwed.

6. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

They will embrace fascism, while the rest of us will be put in FEMA camps.

1. TMMason profile image59
      TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol... I hear ya.

They have no clue that the 2nd amendment is specifically for defense against an over-bearing and tyranical Govt.

But I know exactly why it is there.

And I will excersize my Rights to their fullest extent.

7. Live Life Loving profile image56
    Live Life Lovingposted 12 years ago

Yes my mother is saying the same thing. I don't care what happens to her I just want it to be over already.

8. galleryofgrace profile image71
    galleryofgraceposted 12 years ago

You have to look at the whole forest in this case not just a tree.

We saw Casey mouth words when her Dad testified. We did not see her mouthing anything when her Mom and brother testified.

Lee had been out of the picture, probably because he was sane and level headed.

George supposedly made a police report for some stolen gas cans! Duh! Who in everyday life would call the cops for missing gas cans, when several vehicles belong to the household. I suspect that was some sort of cover up.
    Casey did a good job of making her Dad look guilty. She could be  covering for somebody and it's not Lee.

This is how it is with people who have money and resources. If it was some poor mother whose on welfare, you never would have heard about the trial. She would have been given a court appointed lawyer, sent to prison and it would have been over 2 years ago..

Even the defence stated Casey is a liar. Why would you believe a word she says?  She lied to EVERYBODY including the police.  This is not an act of an innocent person.  People are so ready to think the worst of her dad just on her word.  No proof her dad lied.  It was just courtroom theatrics, a ploy.  Her dad was understandably upset after having been accused of such and it showed.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've lied to people before, probably even a cop at one point during a traffic stop...

... but i've never killed anyone!

See? They're two different things!

If you are caught lying in a courtroom you no longer have credibilty and your whole testimony is disreguarded.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
            Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, probably. If you get caught lying in a courtroom, you go to jail for a year or so. Anthony is going to jail for four years, the she was already in custody for a ridiculously long time, and is getting let out in a week or so.

So now the question is "did her testimony have any bearing on her sentence".

She was found guilty of lying to law enforcement, but she was not found guilty of murdering her child.

9. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

The statement "Casey Anthony did not do it" is not necessarily true.

Like the OP stated - there were no witnesses.

All we can say about the case is that Jurors were not convinced that she committed the crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

"Innocent" and "not guilty" are not the same.

10. Robephiles profile image93
    Robephilesposted 12 years ago

I had this exact same reaction.  I knew she would be aquitted because there was not enough evidence but people were saying things like, "why even have a trial.  She is obviously guilty."   In my opinion, she is a loathsome human being whether she was guilty or not but we don't put people in jail or execute them just for being heartless jerks.

11. ChristianRecca profile image60
    ChristianReccaposted 12 years ago

No one knows, but it's fascinating nonetheless. Clearly she did something wrong to lead to that child's death (if only not reporting a kidnapping), but our justice system is designed to put a heavy burden on the state. Check my hub on the topic.

12. Beth Godwin profile image68
    Beth Godwinposted 12 years ago

She was aquitted by a jury and will be released.  She has served her time for lying to police.  The verdict of public opinion is another matter entirely.   The quality of her life will probally be most unpleasant.  I will not be surprised if she is called a murderer every where she goes.  Not to mention having to worry about the crazies who might want to do her physical harm.  Her relations with her family will most likely never be repaired.  Therefore, in a sense, she will never really be free.

13. litlestarr profile image57
    litlestarrposted 12 years ago

I have one question if she is innocent, who killed that little girl? Hmm it's for certain someone killed her.
    No innocent mother waits a month to report her child missing.  I had 5 kids, if a 2 yr old was out of my sight 5 mins I was looking for him/her. We need a little more outrage in this country for the people that are committing crimes and walking.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)