jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)

911 Blockade and Protest

1. American View profile image55
    American Viewposted 6 years ago

This is open to everyone. Let your voice be heard. I am sure by now you know that ALL first responders and ALL clergy are not allowed at WTC 10th anniversary. They were not invited on 9/11/2001, but they showed up. Help by posting your comments, spreading the word. There is contact information to e-mail, phone or fax Mayor Bloomberg. We look forward to your support.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/237938002917157/

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 6 years ago in reply to this

And what is the reason they are not allowed?

American Viewposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Basically because of all the Politicians and dignitaries that will be there, Bloomberg says there will not be enough room. Then a number of clergy who were there for weeks giving last rights, praying over the lost ones, the first responders and more  wanted to be there for the families. Bloomberg said no, no clergy are even allowed on site. None of these politicians were there in 2001, and Gov. Cuomo is arguing with Bloomberg he is not being given enough time for his speech. This is not for people who were invited in the past 3 years but declined to go. I am sorry, this is not a political event, this is for the families who lost loved ones, the first responders to honor their fallen brothers, the clergy, the workers, the volunteers and more.  So I started this group to send e-mail and more protest those people who are being left out. Basically thats what this is about. Hope you join and help spread the word

2. uncorrectedvision profile image59
      uncorrectedvisionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The site of the World Trade Center attack is sacred ground, just like the Hagia Sophia or St. Vincent's Church or the Temple Mount.  The WTC site is a monument to the triumph of Islam over the corrupt and decadent Infidel.

So in that last sentence are you saying you were fine that the WTC was attacked? I just want to make sure I did not misunderstand you.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image59

Not hardly, speaking as a infidel.

OK Just checking

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 6 years ago

Should Muslim clergy be invited too... I mean for the road block that is going to keep everyone away... including the victim's families.

Not if they have any ties to the Muslim Brotherhood or other Islamist groups.  It may be harder to find Muslim clergy that are free of those ties today than ten years ago.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
        MelissaBarrettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's a pretty generalized and stereotypical statement.

But anyway, I think the point is valid.  There is nothing that can be accomplished by turning the memorial into a religious ceremony.  To be fair about it, representatives from pretty much all religions would need to be included, as the victims of 911 were of pretty much all faiths.  Prayers by any faith would pose the risk of setting off hostilities in such a raw emotional setting.

I agree.  The problem is there are those who are undesired attendees like Catholics or Methodists and others whose presence demonstrates tolerance like Muslims or Wiccans.  There should be representatives from every country that lost citizens on that day, as well.  The truth about the problem with Islam is an uncomfortable one but no less true.  Islam is an 8th century religion in the 21st century.  Until that is rectified the problem with Islam will continue.  I personally am pulling for the Suffi, but those are long, long odds.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
            MelissaBarrettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that we could have a very interesting conversation on the similarities between Muslim Jihadists and Christian fundamentalists.  Also an interesting conversation of the relative antiquities of both faiths.  In the worst case scenario that I am envisioning out of a mix of the faiths at this event, it would most likely be the Christians that would be the aggressors.

Refresh my memory,  I forget the last time a Christian fundamentalist decapitated a journalist or a truck driver by sawing his head off with a knife as his victim screamed ( that is until the screaming gave way to the gurgling then the silence) and other Christian fundamentalists all chanted "God is Great,"  all for the video camera.  Over and over and over again.

You are right - so many similarities.

Moral and cultural relativism are the short course to suicide when ones enemy is as firm in resolve as the Islamists.

2. American View profile image55

Mellisa, Sorry you feel that way. But the clergy were right there with us on the ground. They gave last rights on the scene, the rabbis did their ceromony, they all were there for all first reponders. While I am not religious, several times clergy just walked up, put their hands on our shoulders smiled and went on. It meant a lot to those who have faith. They sat and prayed with anyone there who wanted to. THey should be there

2. American View profile image55

Actually Mellisa, the Gentleman who wants to open the Mosque at WTC site was invited. Just so you know, not all the families were invited, and some were not allowed to bring the entire family. There is a woman on the site who will be reading names, but her husband is not allowed to go.

3. TMMason profile image64
    TMMasonposted 6 years ago

It is all about that Secual Humanist POS Bloomberg sucking up the glory and spotlight.

working