jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Poverty

1. Abhimanyu Singh92 profile image72
    Abhimanyu Singh92posted 6 years ago

<image removed>
    What will you say about this?

1. saddlerider1 profile image62
      saddlerider1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Disgusting and shouldn't be posted here.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image77
      Evan G Rogersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Damn, that made me hungry. I'm gonna go to the local $100 steak house and eat til I explode!

Thank god for property rights, which allow cattle farmers to sell their product to those interested!

2. saddlerider1 profile image62
    saddlerider1posted 6 years ago

Disgusting, sad and should not be posted here, what is your point?

3. Abhimanyu Singh92 profile image72
    Abhimanyu Singh92posted 6 years ago

Sorry Sir, for posting it here, but this is reality. I couldn't have helped myself from posting this forum. Here at least it will be visible to educated and wise people, who will do something for this, instead of being posted on social networking, where people will have a look at it, criticize it and forget it again engage in their own works. I've been working from the past two years and trying my level best to eradicate this monster's limbs from my society.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Of course you could have helped yourself. You could have had the strength to bring up the topic, but the picture could have not been posted.

Yes, poverty is a problem in this world and it's not solely based on any one individual country. And, yes I am aware that many countries have poverty problems larger than some other countries, but your picture wasn't actually warranted.

4. saddlerider1 profile image62
    saddlerider1posted 6 years ago

This picture sir was not about poverty, it was about cruelty and I agree with Casgil, there is poverty in many parts of our world, but should we post a child being abused? Being stood on by another human being? I agree poverty should be eradicated and ABUSE should be be stopped. Let's continue to work on that, not posting pictures depicting cruelty to our fellow human being as this picture clearly shows.

5. jamaicavillas profile image59
    jamaicavillasposted 6 years ago

A dreadful picture, and true, it shows cruelty, even though the child is naked and thin, the main story is a child being physically abused.

Poverty? India and Pakistan are often shown on the TV and charities ask for help. These countries used their own money to make / buy nuclear weapons? Why not use the money to feed their own people?

I am atheist but I am right that Jesus said, in reply to Judas, when taken to task about the use of perfumed ointment used on his feet when it could have been sold and the monies given to feed the poor "The poor you will always have, you will not always have me" mathew 26:11 (or "The poor will always be with you" depending on which version of the bible you read)

You can do only so much and posting topics like this does little to help the poor as it's just ANOTHER plea, ANOTHER request for money, ANOTHER miserable human being that I can do sod all to help, that I will never meet and the money I might give will end up not as food but as weapons. I doesn´t shock if you keep showing it as "We've seen it all before"

I give money to dossers in the street because I can see them in the flesh, I give money to the Salvation Army as they will not use it for weapons, I can see where this money goes.

Poor little bastard, I hope he made it.

6. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 6 years ago

That image is disturbing. May the OP ask the moderator to remove it, if he will.

7. Evan G Rogers profile image77
    Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago

... what the hell do I care if Indian people like to stand on babies?

... is that, like, a thing that they do over there?

Baby Standing?

working