jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Is it right to celebrate the death of another human being?

1. pimentelteixeira profile image58
    pimentelteixeiraposted 6 years ago

Is it right to celebrate the death of another human being?

2. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

In some occasions, I do believe so. If one has lived a hateful and damaging life to others, they deserve death and dishonor.

3. profile image53
    Desadiposted 6 years ago

In my opinion death is as much a rite of passage as birth. I feel it is right to celebrate the death of another human being. I certainly hope that when I die my friends will celebrate my passing. I guess it depends on your view of death but certainly this is another stage of life.

4. Mikeydoes profile image77
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

Of course celebrating a death can be a good thing!

5. laneanders profile image59
    laneandersposted 6 years ago

It is completely acceptable when he was a mass murderer and has been the cause of fear and terror worldwide for well over a decade.  Countless lives were lost due to one man's evil.

Mark Twain said it best: "I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."

6. Dexter Yarbrough profile image81
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

It depends. It is acceptable to celebrate the death of a good person that lived a very nice life for example, at their funeral or memorial service. In actuality, their life is being celebrated.

However, I do not think it is acceptable to celebrate and be happy because someone was killed. We are accountable for everything we say and do.

7. Roger Rabbit profile image60
    Roger Rabbitposted 6 years ago

A bullet in the head was too good for that piece of trash.

8. 1morning profile image60
    1morningposted 6 years ago

I don't think celebrating is appropriate.  We might feel relieved or believe that justice was somehow served.  I can totally understand why some might celebrate, but I think what they are really doing is breathing a sigh of relief that there is one less trouble maker in the world. 

Too bad his death won't bring an end to the violence, fear, and hatred in the world - now THAT would be something to celebrate!

9. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

No don't think it is correct to do that, no matter how bad the person may have been.  We should only pray that we do not one day end up in that situation.

Also I think quite allot of people tend to take everything that they are told as fact.  I don't know the person Osama Bin Laden, and therefore can not take everything as truth when I am told so by the media and USA.  Look at how many lies we have been told about Iraq and WMD, and there have been many instances of similar lies before and since the 9/11.

USA trained Osama to be what he is, just like many of the other dictators in the Middle East, soon as they stop jumping to USA commands they become enemies before that no matter how many people they kill - USA still treats them as friends.  Take Mubaruk for example.

10. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 6 years ago

death is a transition to another realm.... its ok to celebrate it within the right context.

11. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

yes it is if the person deserved to die. people should be happy when low-lifes are killed as it gets rid of something that was of no use to the world.