jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Is it just me, or does the treatment of Gaddafi's body remind you...

1. Greek One profile image77
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

of the movie Weekend at Bernie's?

http://cdn.theurbandaily.com/files/2010/10/weekend-at-bernies.jpg

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. recommend1 profile image67
    recommend1posted 6 years ago

The pics and video that you mention of Gadaffi are a stain on everything that so-called champions of human rights and loudmouth bleaters about freedom talk about.

The destruction of another country, putting a bunch of paid thugs in charge, blasting the Gadaffi convoy and letting your paid thugs murder him is counter to every human right and freedom of speech issue. 

Condoning such actions by making the results the subject of humour shows how hypocritical you are.   

Where is justice, how do we know if the man has actually done what your paid for media claim, and the UK media claim ?   What did he know about under counter dealings of Blair and Sarkozy that they needed to keep secret and that have now died with him - how does this man's bad image tally with Libya's record of most women in any Arab nation educated, and best treatment of any Arab nation of its peoples ?   How is murder and assassination in line with human rights, how is censoring the news about Libya, and the current protests, free speech.

Where are the loudmouths when it applies to their country, just so easy to shout about others I guess.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have nothing to shout about.  I was mortified when photos of Sadaam paraded around in his underwear were released to the media.  We will never know the real reason Gadaffi was assassinated, but then, that was the plan.  smile

The US has a history of backing thugs and then killing them when they become embarrassments to those who put them there.  It's the American way!  smile

1. recommend1 profile image67
        recommend1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately I think you learned that trick from us in the UK from our colonial days, now our masters seem to be hand in glove with each other and hell bent on trashing everything that democracy etc is supposed to stand on..

2. Greek One profile image77
      Greek Oneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I didn't condone anything.. but before launching into a propaganda diatribe, I would ask the Libyan people.. the ones who risked their lives to free their country after 40 years of dictatorship.. what they think of their former leader.

No doubt there are millions of similarly brave people in your country who will one day drag Mao's body out of its public display and drag it through the streets too

1. recommend1 profile image67
        recommend1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why would people in the UK do such a thing ?

I note that you are unable to condemn the human rights abuses and the blatant attacks on free speech that you are so quick to condemn in others.   Not so brave when it is in your own back yard I see, are you afraid your 'homeland security' SS will come visit?  If not you should be, because that is the way you are heading by not standing up to trumpet your beliefs in your own country when needed.

Greek Oneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

When did Canada set up a Homeland Security department?

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

..you know what country GO was referring to...

anyway - i realized after I shouldn't have laughed (this a.m.)...but this morning and today...i don't give a sh** and actually saw some humour in GO's pic of Weekend at Bernies (recalled the movie)...after I posted I thought - 'oh that was bad of you SOH!'....but then I thought 'i don't give a sh** this a.m.'...yeah the photos of Gaddafi or anyone else (their demise and the moments leading up to it) are in poor, poor taste, inhumane, etc. and should not even be printed for anyone to see - he was a human being first - good or bad...

so, slap me on the wrist too....but i don't give a sh** today and probably tomorrow too and the rest of the week!  lol

How ya doin' R1? ...missed ya!  really!   big_smile

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 6 years ago

It is the western way to find humor in as much as we can. I have a hard time with laughing about this. I was sickened, that 'freedom fighters' would conduct themselves in this manner. They don't appear to be better than the man they killed.

I wish Libya nothing but the best of luck and hope they find a way to full peace soon.

Greek Oneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, their behavior does not bold well for a peaceful transition.. and that was the underlying point of the forum post...

Although I question whether if my family had been oppressed for 40 years, whether I would act any differently when confronted by the man who led the oppression.

working