jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Et tu, NBC??

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Looks like NBC might be falling out of love with Obama:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ … itics.html

Does it seem like everyone's ganging up on the Prez?

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe - but where are the Republicans to take advantage of this! I hate to say this, but I really don't want any of the people (including Obama) who are likely to be running for President, running the US next year....

1. Evan G Rogers profile image78
        Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ron Paul calls this stuff out regularly. But it happens so frequently that he just makes it an issue: "There are legitimate uses of executive orders, but this is largely for military reasons. The rest are unconstitutional."

2. teamrn profile image76
      teamrnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It used to be that ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC and a few others were in President Obama's 'camp.' I've seen glimpses of 'the grass is greener' ...Do his advisors not know this?

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Wow! An actual news report instead of a lovefest.
    I won't consider the bloom completely off the rose, however, until I hear Chris Matthews call Obama on the politicking lol

Meanwhile,have you noticed how much media coverage Hillary Clinton is getting?
    (RIP Mrs. Rodham).

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry Hil lost her mom. I really didn't know much about her. Was she a strong, assertive woman like her daughter?

You know, MM, I will always believe the media played a big part in giving us Obama instead of Hillary.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
        Mighty Momposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know much about her either. But the reports I've heard were positive -- intelligent, loved jokes. I believe she was 92.

No doubt. The media pissed all over themselves on Obama. That's absolutely true!
        Also, the political playing field made its official move to online in 2008. Obama went viral. And won the young people.
        Hillary was seen as "polarizing" and her hubby a loose cannon and a liability.
        Funny how views of both Clintons have changed.
        Three years later I think people have figured it ALL out.
        Maybe a bit of buyer's remorse... (?)

2. teamrn profile image76

I always used to respect (at least somewhat) Chris Matthews. Has he gotten soft? . But, he's the one of all the media who REALLY HAS THAT 'SLOBBERING LOVE AFFAIE.;' he and Rachel Maddow. No, Rachel has more a fierce disdain for all things Republican, but Chris Matthews has a SLOBBERING affair with President Obama.

3. uncorrectedvision profile image60
      uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Would that be the thrill running back down his leg?

3. MikeNV profile image72
    MikeNVposted 5 years ago

"NBC News: Obama's Executive Orders Mostly About Politics"

Mostly?

Telling Banks to Pretty Pretty Please refinance mortgages and for community hospitals to please pretty please hire 1 Veteren?  That's some agenda.

What will Obama be reading off the Teleprompter in 6 months after the Treasurey does this:

Q4 2011 Borrow $305 Billion
    Q1 2012 Borrow $541 Billion

Those are real numbers reported by the Treasury Department this past week.

That's $846 Billion in deficit spending in the next 6 months.

Anyone got their fingers crossed for all the Jobs that will be creating?

Still "Hoping" for Change Mr. Obama?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
      Mighty Momposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe he will be reading off the teleprompter something that Americans want him to do, including 50% of those identifying themselves as Republicans: Raise taxes on upper class citizens so we don't have to borrow as much.

4. Evan G Rogers profile image78
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

Wait wait wait wait wait...

... people still like Obama? He did everything Bush did, but for 4 more years and 3 times more expensive! And that was AFTER telling the entire world he WOULDN'T do those things!!

How can anyone still like Obama?

5. Evan G Rogers profile image78
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

Oh, and BTW - NBC is actually saying "He needs to spend MORE money, and illegally blow our cash EVEN MORE".

And, finally - when they talk about Obama helping veterans, they should probably shut up. The veterans and active duty soldiers have spoken. They want Ron Paul

6. profile image65
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

Let see, is NBC still owned by GE?  And GE paid no taxes?  Hmmmmm.

1. teamrn profile image76

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60
      uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The CEO of GE is Jeffery Immelt, a key adviser to Barrack Obama on the current job situation.  He sat next to Obama when the President laughed at not creating any "shovel ready" jobs.  Obama campaigned against moving jobs to China.  Obama has fretted about the loss of jobs and how American fat cats aren't creating jobs.  GE paid no taxes, stands to make millions in the new "green" economy and has closed facilities in Wisconsin just to ship those jobs out of the country.

Thanks Barry, Jeffery Immelt is a great choice for creating jobs or was that destroying jobs?

7. uncorrectedvision profile image60
    uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago

Looks like other friends of Barry O. are getting over their love of the blamer in chief.

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/giant-effi … 14601.html

working