jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

will obama reverse course on decision enraging catholics?

1. mio cid profile image65
    mio cidposted 5 years ago

will obama reverse course on obamacare decision that has catholics up in arms against him?

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Only if he wants to get reelected, and he does.

mio cidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

sometimes obama confuses me because at a time everything seems to be going his way he gives the republicans this gift.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
          Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe that's the trade off for compliance? He's a smart, smooth operator.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image61
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

The Catholics (largely) wouldn't have voted for him anyway.  He hasn't angered his base, (as a matter of fact he's energized it) just those who would have opposed him anyway.

there are about 70 million catholics ,i'm catholic and the difference between us catholics and other religions in this country is that usually when it comes to politics we don't follow religious doctrine ,catholics more than almost any religion separate politics and religion, and i think obama got if not a majority certainly a great percentage of catholic voters.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
        MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you don't follow religious doctrine and don't vote based on your religion, then why would this change your vote?

this won't change my vote ,and it won't change the vote of most people but at a time when the republicans really don't have any serious arguments to attack him other than the permanent loon rhetoric and he is winning the case for a truman strategy he opens himself needlessly to attacks that do have validity in the eyes of people that otherwise have no quarrel with him.i.e.freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and the federal government encroaching on rights of individuals, i don't agree with any of this but they are valid arguments.

3. mio cid profile image65
    mio cidposted 5 years ago

looks like he pulled the rug right from under those wascally wepublicans

working