jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think sociopathy / psychopathy is a growing problem in society?

1. dragnhaze profile image60
    dragnhazeposted 5 years ago

Would you agree that  there are growing number of sociopaths/psychopaths in power, or that psychopathy can spread and be the ultimate dehumanization of the population?

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Are you crazy?  tongue  They're everywhere!  But perhaps I'm merely paranoid! lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. profile image40
        daisy73posted 5 years agoin reply to this

yes yes yes

2. GoGreenTips profile image61
      GoGreenTipsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The percentage of sociopaths hasn't changed much as far as a percentage. However the percentage of sociopaths that have reached positions within corporations has increased disproportionately to their overall percentage in the population. This  I believe that corporations themselves are sociopathic in nature and reward those with no feelings and no guilt.

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
        Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In today's world of big business having a conscience is a severe liability!  sad

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't go that far. But I do notice that a lot less people these days seem to be able to feel empathy and put themselves in another's shoes.

2. dragnhaze profile image60
    dragnhazeposted 5 years ago

Well for a minute I thought I was crazy because it seems that they are everywhere, but since you confirmed it maybe I'm not so crazy after all, jk. 

Seriously though, I do think it is a growing problem and that it can only be solved if everyone were to take a conscious note of the behaviors associated with sociopathy so that they can ensure that their behavior does not fall within the sociopathy limits.

3. GoGreenTips profile image61
    GoGreenTipsposted 5 years ago

There is a independent movie made on this subject of corporate sociopaths, it is called fish head and available for free viewing on vimeo. You might find it interesting.

4. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 5 years ago

Frankly I don't know who is the bigger problem sociopaths are those who are trying to fix them such as to psychologists. An individual caught after horrendously, brutally, torturing strangers they happen to encounter the psychologists would empathize with these murderous killers-("I feel your pain after having your teddy bear snatched from you as a child.") These sociopaths begins to receive all the attention while their victims are all but forgotten.

I have seen a number of prison documentaries and when the interviewer addressed these psychotics, sociopaths they are not looking to be cured, a wolf cannot be turned into a sheep. The idea that we can fix anything and everyone is ridiculous as it would seem because of our arrogance the public is at risk.

5. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

No.  And I can't even think of  reputable researcher who is suggesting this.  Personality types tend to occur in pretty stable proportions in relation to the entire population.

working