- Gender and Relationships
Is it Alright to Have Friends that Cheat on Their Spouses?
Friends that Cheat on their Spouses
Friends that cheat in their marriages are evidently greedy. Most women in marriages want a spouse that is committed to that marriage. The marriage vowels that were said at a wedding were between; the man, the woman, and God. Marriage vowels aren't meant to be broken, especially when the couple recites "I promise to love you and only you, and forsaking all others." Having an 'open marriage' is a whole other subject. But marriage between husband and wife only, is supposed to be sacred.
There are men that are committed to their marriage that wants a faithful spouse as well. But sometimes, unfortunately there is one person in the marriage that breaks the marriage vowels first. Sometimes there is the other person in the marriage that never cheats. Many people believe that once their spouse cheats that's a good reason to get a divorce. No one wants to be hurt in a marriage that they thought was good. Life would be marvelous if both partners in the marriage would live happily ever-after, without any cheating going on. But there are people in marriages that don't mind cheating, and they are only sorry about it once they are caught. If it was possible that all people that believe in the idea of marriage would all get together. And all those people that like to cheat and flirt while in a marriage should get together, and leave the faithful people out of their ill equation; it would be nice.
Adultery in Marriage - Bed is Undefiled
When you are friends with a married couple and their is one that cheats, and you know about; your bad as well for knowing. You're an accomplice for being friends with a cheater. Is it a good idea keeping company with an adulterer? Because if your hanging out with an adulterer, and your witnessing their cheating, it makes you just as bad. Pretty-soon you will become the company you keep.
Adultery in marriage is an awful thing to be in, on the receiving end. Many people believe that it is easier for men to cheat than women. Some men will cheat while they are out with their male friends. And some men will cheat when they are at work, or when they get off work. Some men will cheat whenever the time is right, depending on that type of man. There are women that will do the same thing, cheat whenever they can. Your marriage partner should be your friend, and in some marriages your best friend. Being friends first in a marriage, makes for a longer lasting and loving marriage.
The marriage be is tainted once there has been physical adultery in the marriage. Of course there is temptation everywhere, for men and women to cheat in their marriage. But when you are in-love with your spouse, there is no space in your heart and mind for anyone else. Love is a give and take action, "love is as love does." The action of love is trying to impress your spouse in different ways. Marriage can be a 'natural high' and very intoxicating, but in a good way. A strong marriage has a bond that can't be broken by anyone.
A good woman in a marriage wouldn't let another man break up her relationship with her spouse, for any amount of money. And a good man in a marriage wouldn't let another woman break up his marriage, by another woman's physical appearance. Many cheaters think "what they spouse don't know, won't hurt them," this is a lie. Having truth in a marriage will set both the man and woman free. Lying, cheating, deceiving, flirting, and all the other dirt will hurt the cheating person eventually, just as much as the one being cheated on.
Marriages that are in trouble are better when they get marriage-counseling at the beginning of the marriage and during the marriage.
Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and like-wise also the wife to her husband. 1 Corinthians 7:3
Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge. Hebrews 13:4
- Undefiled - Clean; free from stain or blemish.
- Adultery - Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than his or her lawful spouse.
- Accomplice - a person who knowingly helps another in a crime or wrongdoing.
© Sabrina A.K.
Scripture on Adultery
- I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 1 Corinthians 5:9
- But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner -- not even to eat with such a person. 1 Corinthians 5:11
- Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding; he who does destroys his own soul. Proverbs 6:32
- Do not be deceived: "Evil company corrupts good habits." 1 Corinthians 15:33
- Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10